News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Run it by me one more time - so there isn't Star Wars music playing throughout the desolate, boring, silent Batuu because that would not be immersive - or something. But there is Star Wars music playing inside corridors in a Star Destroyer - but that is immersive - or something.

Why can't we have the beloved Star Wars music in the land again?
Starfleet forbids it.

Movielover

Run it by me one more time - so there isn't Star Wars music playing throughout the desolate, boring, silent Batuu because that would not be immersive - or something. But there is Star Wars music playing inside corridors in a Star Destroyer - but that is immersive - or something.

Why can't we have the beloved Star Wars music in the land again?
They seemed to have gone with a film scoring idea for the land. The beginning of the scene, aka the tunnel into the land, has underscore as the scene starts, then as you move through the land there is no score until certain events happen, like Kylo Ren arriving on his shuttle, or communicating with spirits in Savi's Workshop. Then the major action scenes have the most underscore with the 2 attractions incorporating the major themes and motifs of the films. It makes sense in theory when approached from a filmmaking mindset, but I do agree they could have more, lighter, underscore throughout the land. At least some festive music al la Diagion Ally's underscore in the marketplace.

DCBaker

Premium Member
IMG_0934.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom