News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Fleckdog

56D73E59-EB60-49E0-83F6-174C4FCC2732.jpeg
🤷🏻‍♂️🤦‍♂️

KevinPage

Between 1-4. I know my 39 (refresh) was with 2. My friend that got us in 27 with fresh start was with 3. My fresh start group 37 was with 4. After that it gets a little fuzzy. 8 was solo.

I think we should have 4 tomorrow, all competent to try for a group so that’ll be interesting. I’ll prob have two try each method 🤔🤔

For what’s it worth, at 7:59am they waved us over to a Guest Experience Team Member. I told then I’m going for a BG as we speak, along with my friend, as soon as I said I got in and waiting for Friends list to load, she recommend my friend stop trying (implying itcould cause issues/delays).

No idea if any validity to that or not 🤷🏻‍♂️

disneygeek90

For what’s it worth, at 7:59am they waved us over to a Guest Experience Team Member. I told then I’m going for a BG as we speak, along with my friend, as soon as I said I got in and waiting for Friends list to load, she recommend my friend stop trying (implying itcould cause issues/delays).

No idea if any validity to that or not 🤷🏻‍♂️
Once someone is probably into the people selection screen I’ll prob tell everyone else to stop

tecowdw

EDIT: Forgot to add this, but a tip. Don't use the method of opening the My Status page and pulling down to refresh when it turns 8am, because it doesn't work.
Agreed! I tried this method in January and it just kind of froze up as soon as 8am rolled around. Ended up with group 79 after having to back out to main screen and BG was never called that day.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I am pretty consistent about my pregame rituals. Every morning I can be found within 20 or so feet of the top of the stairs by the now closed Starring Rolls cafe. Verizon/ no WiFi.

My results using the open from scratch method: 31, 17, 18, 57 (app did not show myself in the family and friends list, had to restart), 20, 8 (first group of day), 37, 19

Two attempts Clicking find out more aka demarke: 39 and never got through. In both of these attempts join boarding group was not lit and I had to go to my status to refresh. In my second attempt one friend was opening from scratch and already had us in group 27 and it was still not active for me.

I have an unhealthy obsession with this particular page, and I appreciate you and @KevinPage (and, by extension, @Demarke) for doing the Lord's work with advice (even if I'm jealous AF at all of your rides!).

My family all believes I am insane when I mention trying to practice at least one time, but my goodness, this morning, it was into backups before 8:01 EST! Just knowing the way the screens will look will be helpful in April when we show up!

FWIW, in my limited "practice runs" from Houston, loading MDE from scratch has resulted in no issues whatosever, and I believe I can get it done within 15-20 seconds. Both times I tried the Demarke method, Join Boarding Group either didn't work until it was backups, or this morning, it let me in, but not the 7 other folks I'm linked to. By the time I closed out and reloaded (before 8:01 EST), it was already in backups.

So, for this Google Pixel XL user on Verison, I'm #teamrestart.

Madeyong

I feel incredibly lucky. Been reading these posts since the ride opened in anticipation of my WDW stay with my wife and two kids. We had HS days on Wednesday and today. On Wednesday we were first in line at a GET umbrella and the GET cast member was awesome. Talked to us for the 45 or so minutes we waited. Without hinting she would do this at 7:59 she scanned our 4 magic bands and said not to open the app and to put our phones away. I freaked out being armed with all my knowledge from the board and was worried but went with it, knowing that if a cast member told me to trust her she would make sure I was good one way or another. She stared at her watch and at exactly 8:00 she clicked one button (having already scanned us). She then smiled and said “you’re in Group 2.” That was the first group called.

Today with all the mobs of people we were the 6th or 7th family in line at the GET umbrella so I knew I was on my own. Had my wife logged in to my MDE account on her phone and I gave her a lot of instruction on how to be a member of Team Fresh Start. At the same time I followed the Demarke method on my phone. Both AT&T, no WiFi no Bluetooth, both shut down phones a few minutes before to clear the memory. Me and Demarke won and we got Group 6. Second group called today. Anyway, thanks very much for all the help on this board. Great sense of community spirit that I wish I saw more of in the world.

Fleckdog

Ive been running test runs on Verizon- using #teamfreshstart restart - loading at 7:59:53 seconds - sooner I have to restart again. I have an iPhone 11 pro max. And I could get in the last 2 days, but they did go quick. My big concern is if they don't move it back to 8AM after March 14th, yikes! But I am open to all. I am definitely planning on getting in line for GET when I get there (since I am only at HS for 2 days) - just curious where people are having success. Ive heard the conspiracy theories- stay away from the lake, ATT has an affiliation with Disney so if you don't have it good luck (don't believe it- have Verizon- blind optimism), my kids login worked faster (though I think that got fixed with the MDE app upgrade).

disneygeek90

Ive been running test runs on Verizon- using #teamfreshstart restart - loading at 7:59:53 seconds - sooner I have to restart again. I have an iPhone 11 pro max. And I could get in the last 2 days, but they did go quick. My big concern is if they don't move it back to 8AM after March 14th, yikes! But I am open to all. I am definitely planning on getting in line for GET when I get there (since I am only at HS for 2 days) - just curious where people are having success. Ive heard the conspiracy theories- stay away from the lake, ATT has an affiliation with Disney so if you don't have it good luck (don't believe it- have Verizon- blind optimism), my kids login worked faster (though I think that got fixed with the MDE app upgrade).
To get real specific, right up those stairs is where I have booked 10 straight groups. Full bars of service. Also using Verizon, I’ve had groups time and time again in the teens/twenties, as well as the first group of the day. I think we all need to remember that you don’t have to get boarding group 6 to ride early in the morning, just don’t get group 70+ (these days, anyway).
08F70FA8-6A38-44E6-8B9A-9451BDCDDCC9.jpeg

Last edited:

Fleckdog

Thats great. I was just curious. Just like we use thrill-data to see how WDW could be better with the rates of BG as of late, I was wondering if we could optimize more of what this group has done well. I think we have the methods down. I was just more curious about where and how because there is going to be a mad dash. If there is a link with lower boarding groups and where they are trying to get it done (potentially better wifi signal). I don't care if it is 6, 16, 26, 36 or 46. Now 56 sounds like a magic number lately. haha.

KevinPage

I have an unhealthy obsession with this particular page, and I appreciate you and @KevinPage (and, by extension, @Demarke) for doing the Lord's work with advice (even if I'm jealous AF at all of your rides!).

My family all believes I am insane when I mention trying to practice at least one time, but my goodness, this morning, it was into backups before 8:01 EST! Just knowing the way the screens will look will be helpful in April when we show up!

FWIW, in my limited "practice runs" from Houston, loading MDE from scratch has resulted in no issues whatosever, and I believe I can get it done within 15-20 seconds. Both times I tried the Demarke method, Join Boarding Group either didn't work until it was backups, or this morning, it let me in, but not the 7 other folks I'm linked to. By the time I closed out and reloaded (before 8:01 EST), it was already in backups.

So, for this Google Pixel XL user on Verison, I'm #teamrestart.

Couple of thoughts and reasons not to stress (easy for me to say, I know)

- Boarding Groups are going faster this week because:

1. It’s Presidents Weekend crowds.

2. Seems they are limiting the amount of groups (for whatever reason)

Both of those things will change by the time you visit. But simply knowing the screens gives you a leg up on most people 🤩🤩🤩

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom