News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Since I plan to spend several mornings trying for the BG lottery....
If I use 1 fast pass at HS and cancel my other 2 HS FP, can I then try for a FP at a different park while still in HS?

matt9112

I’m not sure what your angle here is. It’s the greatest attraction I personally have ever been on, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have operational issues and should allow for a standby line in its current state.

My point is the quality of the ride must also take into account things like capacity. Even without break downs insiders have repeatedly informed us its way undersized.

disneygeek90

Ok. Need some help here. Last Thursday was our first ride as anyone who was tracking here could tell. Giving it another shot tomorrow morning. But here’s my question.

We have a group of 9. That guarantees us both vehicles as we’re a families of 5 and 4. Our first ride we took the left queue and then we’re sent into the left hallway at the Y and the first room. My family of 5 was red/blue and the other family was silver. Our family (red/blue) got the side view and their family (Silver) got the front view when the cars split (being generic on purpose here). So two questions:

- if we get out in the same room tomorrow, do the colors correlate to the same vehicles and ride paths? So we could just make sure the other family got red/blue?

- do we have mappings for all the other rooms as to which colors take which paths? Or is it random?

Just really hoping to swap so both parties see both paths...

Thanks all. I’ll report in tomorrow morning!
All you need to pay attention to is the wing you are sent down. Either lane you pick has the same probability of going down either wing. Red/blue of the straight hallway will have the same view as orange/silver right hallway, and vice versa. So, just know that if you’re sent down the same hall you’ll want the opposite set of colors, and if you’re down the other hall you’ll want the same set. I hope that makes sense 😅

Fleckdog

I know everyone has their favorite. Team Freshstart or Team @Demarke. I am curious. We could even take this a step further. When everyone has a chance, what was the lowest BG? When you got that BG, where were you in the park when you got it? Assuming cell- what carrier? How many people did you have in your group trying to get a BG trying at the same time? And what method did you use (Demarke/freshstart/nothing) I think if we put all of that data together it would be very helpful.
2A6B0465-0FFF-4D75-B705-14B86DBEA798.gif

Last edited:

disneygeek90

Just looked at wait times Rockin Rollercoaster 185, Slinky 170, Toy Story 115,...is it just insanely crowded today at HS?
It was pretty packed, yeah. I only rode ROTR and just left at 3pm. Though admittedly that was mostly by choice. I played the data pad game, grabbed lunch, a beer, and played some Pokémon. Overall an enjoyable day though obviously I was not worried about attraction lines.

disneygeek90

I know everyone has their favorite. Team Freshstart or Team @Demarke. I am curious. We could even take this a step further. When everyone has a chance, what was the lowest BG? When you got that BG, where were you in the park when you got it? Assuming cell- what carrier? And what method did you use (Demarke/freshstart/nothing) I think if we put all of that data together it would be very helpful. View attachment 449117
I am pretty consistent about my pregame rituals. Every morning I can be found within 20 or so feet of the top of the stairs by the now closed Starring Rolls cafe. Verizon/ no WiFi.

My results using the open from scratch method: 31, 17, 18, 57 (app did not show myself in the family and friends list, had to restart), 20, 8 (first group of day), 37, 19

Two attempts Clicking find out more aka demarke: 39 and never got through. In both of these attempts join boarding group was not lit and I had to go to my status to refresh. In my second attempt one friend was opening from scratch and already had us in group 27 and it was still not active for me.

KevinPage

I know everyone has their favorite. Team Freshstart or Team @Demarke. I am curious. We could even take this a step further. When everyone has a chance, what was the lowest BG? When you got that BG, where were you in the park when you got it? Assuming cell- what carrier? And what method did you use (Demarke/freshstart/nothing) I think if we put all of that data together it would be very helpful. View attachment 449117

For the record I’m taking credit for putting Demarke on a pedestal 🤩😜🤩
B1AD77E0-F7E1-4419-ABE1-243E046299AB.png

Fleckdog

I am pretty consistent about my pregame rituals. Every morning I can be found within 20 or so feet of the top of the stairs by the now closed Starring Rolls cafe. Verizon/ no WiFi.

My results using the open from scratch method: 31, 17, 18, 57 (app did not show myself in the family and friends list, had to restart), 20, 8 (first group of day), 37, 19

Two attempts Clicking find out more aka demarke: 39 and never got through. In both of these attempts join boarding group was not lit and I had to go to my status to refresh. In my second attempt one friend was opening from scratch and already had us in group 27 and it was still not active for me.
Thanks. Full disclosure. I am going to HS March 25-26 for peak March madness and have been studying this like the Zapruder film from all angles to get the best chance to go. Since my boys and I can’t go for an extended trip. I guess I should have added another modification. How many people in your group were trying at the same time? (Will make that edit now)

Attachments

• DD1E9376-1720-4B84-85EF-3A3AE17B3BF2.gif
    DD1E9376-1720-4B84-85EF-3A3AE17B3BF2.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 62

KevinPage

I am only one trying, all rests on my shoulders. Usually party size varies from 1-5, but most times 3-4

iPhone XR - AT&T -WiFi (December only)
FRESH FROM SCRATCH

12/05
Smugglers Run 2x
RotR 3x (BG 27)

12/06
RotR 3x
(BG 18 - garrison evac, got 2 FP, also BG 28)

12/07
Smugglers Run 1x
RotR 1x (BG 21 & 92 - not called, got FP)

12/08
RotR 2x (FP & BG 65)
Rode, went home and came back

12/13
RotR 1x (BG 6)
Smugglers Run 1x

12/14
RotR 1x (BG 11)

12/15
RotR 2x (BG 11 - ride broke/completed, granted reride)

———BG available park opening/lottery———

01/11
RotR 1x (BG 25)

01/12
RotR 1x (BG 21)
Smugglers Run 1x

01/19
RotR 1x (BG 131) - icon never turned red
Went home, came back 11 hours later

01/20
RotR 1x (BG 13)

STARTED DEMARKE METHOD

01/25
RotR 1x (BG 28)

01/26
RotR 2x (BG 22)
Evac at end got FP

02/01
RotR 1x (BG 11)

02/07
RotR 1x (BG 14)
Smugglers Run 1x

02/15
RotR 1x (BG 19)

Now remember, it varies by day what is the actual first boarding group. Sometimes 13, 5, whatever. Rarely do I ever see 1 or 2 (whatever that reason is). When I obtained 14 last weekend, 13 was the first group called, so technically I got a 2.

I vary where I stand. Fountain, Brown Derby/Starring Rolls tables, dead center by big screens, off to side on Guest Experience Team line.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

Thanks. Full disclosure. I am going to HS March 25-26 for peak March madness and have been studying this like the Zapruder film from all angles to get the best chance to go. Since my boys and I can’t go for an extended trip. I guess I should have added another modification. How many people in your group were trying at the same time? (Will make that edit now)
Between 1-4. I know my 39 (refresh) was with 2. My friend that got us in 27 with fresh start was with 3. My fresh start group 37 was with 4. After that it gets a little fuzzy. 8 was solo.

I think we should have 4 tomorrow, all competent to try for a group so that’ll be interesting. I’ll prob have two try each method 🤔🤔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom