News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

Someone just posted this on Facebook but I’m not sure what this is. I got nervous at first that it was the ROTR room but this is SR preshow, no?
E203DE6E-1AD2-4B74-A92B-C7A64D01E7A8.jpeg

disneygeek90

Have you guys ever actually met up and done the ride together or kill time in Studios before your boarding group is called? If not, I feel like this needs to happen.
Haha, we should! I just finished my run, silver right hallway (fav route). I literally think I’ve gone right hallway at least 12 of the 14 rides.

They’re definitely tinkering with capacity though. The line took a bit longer than it should have compared to where I was when it started. Wonder if they’re playing with number of cars in route.

KevinPage

Have you guys ever actually met up and done the ride together or kill time in Studios before your boarding group is called? If not, I feel like this needs to happen.

A6D9F87F-4F07-4C2A-B573-EDB94CA5A634.gif

🤪 In all seriousness, no. I never see anyone talk about a “Forum Meetup”, so I never broached the subject. I’m not shy and always with the kids, so willing to meet anyone when I’m here 😎

MiddKid

Ok. Need some help here. Last Thursday was our first ride as anyone who was tracking here could tell. Giving it another shot tomorrow morning. But here’s my question.

We have a group of 9. That guarantees us both vehicles as we’re a families of 5 and 4. Our first ride we took the left queue and then we’re sent into the left hallway at the Y and the first room. My family of 5 was red/blue and the other family was silver. Our family (red/blue) got the side view and their family (Silver) got the front view when the cars split (being generic on purpose here). So two questions:

- if we get out in the same room tomorrow, do the colors correlate to the same vehicles and ride paths? So we could just make sure the other family got red/blue?

- do we have mappings for all the other rooms as to which colors take which paths? Or is it random?

Just really hoping to swap so both parties see both paths...

Thanks all. I’ll report in tomorrow morning!

KevinPage

Remember the days when they’d regularly get to group 50 by 10am? What the heck happened to that.

Just walking by and the queue is in the outside portion.

Yeah, not sure what is going on. Hopefully they are limiting groups and focusing on nailing the flow and timing of everything without overloading the system, thereby hoping to reduce downtime. Then once they work that out, then can slowly start increasing hourly throughout.
E0436113-C022-4514-A1AA-7C9E2775E5BE.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom