News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

Ive been running test runs on Verizon- using #teamfreshstart restart - loading at 7:59:53 seconds - sooner I have to restart again. I have an iPhone 11 pro max. And I could get in the last 2 days, but they did go quick. My big concern is if they don't move it back to 8AM after March 14th, yikes! But I am open to all. I am definitely planning on getting in line for GET when I get there (since I am only at HS for 2 days) - just curious where people are having success. Ive heard the conspiracy theories- stay away from the lake, ATT has an affiliation with Disney so if you don't have it good luck (don't believe it- have Verizon- blind optimism), my kids login worked faster (though I think that got fixed with the MDE app upgrade).

1. I don’t believe location in the park is that big of a deal, as everyone else is on Hollywood Blvd and surrounding areas and getting groups. I’ve never even bothered to venture to Grand Ave to stand in the mass of people descending upon GE, I’ve been in and around the hub every time.

2. Disney changes hours sorta last minute, so it wouldn’t be weird to see it change a week out. If they keep it at 9am that means they probably got better hourly capacity and are not as worried about the crush of people. And we’ll be able to see any tangible results well before that 🤩

Fleckdog

1. I don’t believe location in the park is that big of a deal, as everyone else is on Hollywood Blvd and surrounding areas and getting groups. I’ve never even bothered to venture to Grand Ave to stand in the mass of people descending upon GE, I’ve been in and around the hub every time.

2. Disney changes hours sorta last minute, so it wouldn’t be weird to see it change a week out. If they keep it at 9am that means they probably got better hourly capacity and are not as worried about the crush of people. And we’ll be able to see any tangible results well before that 🤩
Yeah, just weird how they diverged so much between West and East. Now both will have good days and bad days. Just odd.

KevinPage

Agreed! I tried this method in January and it just kind of froze up as soon as 8am rolled around. Ended up with group 79 after having to back out to main screen and BG was never called that day.

There is no refresh option on the My Status page. If Join Boarding Group is not red, you click My Status, which refreshs has and loads a new screen and gives you a second attempt to click Join Boarding Group. On this page you can pull down and do a refresh here (if needed).

Luckily I’ve always had Join Boarding Group turn red. I give AT&T the credit for that 🤩

OnTuesday I found a nice quite table in the backlot express cafe and got boarding group 13

Attachments

• Seating-2-Backlot-Express.jpg
    Seating-2-Backlot-Express.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 133

Fleckdog

There is no refresh option on the My Status page. If Join Boarding Group is not red, you click My Status, which refreshs has and loads a new screen and gives you a second attempt to click Join Boarding Group. On this page you can pull down and do a refresh here (if needed).

Luckily I’ve always had Join Boarding Group turn red. I give AT&T the credit for that 🤩
OnTuesday I found a nice quite table in the backlot express cafe and got boarding group 13
Nice, I like having options. I should have asked what were you having to eat at the time question. 🤣
img.gif

Fleckdog

I see a lot of the other Disney blogs really blowing up today about the new pre-queue line (knowing holiday crowds will affect that too) for Slinky Dog Dash, so I am curious if anything does change in the next few days/weeks.

Patcheslee

All you need to pay attention to is the wing you are sent down. Either lane you pick has the same probability of going down either wing. Red/blue of the straight hallway will have the same view as orange/silver right hallway, and vice versa. So, just know that if you’re sent down the same hall you’ll want the opposite set of colors, and if you’re down the other hall you’ll want the same set. I hope that makes sense 😅
Why did this remind me of the Goofy "How to"s? :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom