News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

So Disney may have gotten wise. Won’t let me book a new boarding party as I’m in the queue, since keeps telling me I’m already in a boarding party.

Can’t complain as this is a fairer way. Early birds still get to ride sooner and don’t have to wait all day.

Good luck to everyone getting on today. It’s one of the few rides in my life that I can say it’s worth whatever wait and hassle you have to go through to experience, it’s that mind blowing of a total sensory experience.

And it’s near that the eyes of the amusement park following world are us, and no real previews means that we literally are the first ones in the world to ride it. I find that pretty cool 😍

Jeffxz

So Disney may have gotten wise. Won’t let me book a new boarding party as I’m in the queue, since keeps telling me I’m already in a boarding party.

Can’t complain as this is a fairer way. Early birds still get to ride sooner and don’t have to wait all day.

Good luck to everyone getting on today. It’s one of the few rides in my life that I can say it’s worth whatever wait and hassle you have to go through to experience, it’s that mind blowing of a total sensory experience.

And it’s near that the eyes of the amusement park following world are us, and no real previews means that we literally are the first ones in the world to ride it. I find that pretty cool 😍
Same for me. I can’t rebook a second boarding group.
Looks like they closed that loophole.

KevinPage

Ok so just got off ride and CM scanning bands to “redeem” your boarding pass. This then allows you to get a new one. (Didn’t need to do this until today)

So now just grabbed 92, so gonna be awhile for 2nd ride. This is probably the easiest and most they can do to close any “loophole”.

***SO YOU CAN GET A NEW BOARDING PASS ONCE YOU EXIT THE RIDE***

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Same for me. I can’t rebook a second boarding group.
Looks like they closed that loophole.
1575725310995.jpeg

Kman101

It’s also common knowledge to know that CM’s are the last people to know about these kind of things. They know the basics, but they won’t know anything about POTENTIAL unannounced flex hours and stuff like that.

I booked All Star Sports for SWGE grand opening and not one hotel CM could give me any semblance of definitive answer on when buses would start. So I got my butt up super early and milled around outside with loads of other people and got a bus at 3:25am.

park scheduled opening was 6am that day. But they don’t want nor can they tell people of any potential flex times. That would cause a huge disruption in operations and generally cause more complaints.

Castmembers are regularly scheduled at HWS for a 6am opening. They just don't publish it and of course are not obligated to open at 6-7-8am for anyone. They decided to reward those who forced their hand.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
I'd still hang around. To be fair, they could just be saying that to discourage folks. You never know lol

Myles most people are hanging around. There’s multiple stories depending on the cast member. The first one had stated a ride vehicle had to be removed which takes some time. Most are saying 30 minutes to an hour.

Sadly stand near the entrance I have still seen guest who had no idea about the virtual queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom