News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

donsullivan

Premium Member
Paused again after scene 2.
88C18BDA-CC02-4322-9E16-F76DE68DAD15.jpeg

We left our house at 3:30ish, in the morning, and arrived at Hollywood Studios at 3:55am. We were the sixth car waiting by the parking booths. Around 4:01am a cast member directed everyone to drive through the open cast lane into the park.

We were directed to park and were out of the car, at the security line at 4:09am. We were right up front, at security.

At 5:04am they let us through security and I was the first person to the touch points at 5:08am.

We were let into the park at 6:35am. The second we touched our magic bands we joined Boarding Group 10. The first boarding group, I believe.

We then went to Starbucks and walked around. Around 7:23ish, we received a notification saying our boarding group was ready, and we entered the queue at 7:27am.

We were off the ride by 7:56am.

Our ride had zero issues and we experienced the full run through of everything.

I made sure to chronicle every step by time and photo on my Twitter.

While in the queue, after we scanned in for our boarding group, I removed us from the boarding group and booked a new group. We now have boarding group 73.

While we exited the ride, cast members were insistent on scanning our bands. A cast member told us that we could only have one boarding group a day and I assumed she invalidated our second boarding group time. However, it is still showing up in our MDX . So I’m curious to see what happens. We may not even stick around for the second boarding group.

The attraction is wonderful and immersive. The entire experience is the best thing Disney has ever done. The actual ride however didn’t impress us. A lot of dancing through sets. We personally enjoyed ‘Poohs Honey Hunt’ at TDL and ‘Mystic Manor at HKDL better. The scale of this attraction is stunning and it’s a gem for the American Parks. I wouldn’t call it the be all end all though.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
Well they had got everybody back in the queue that had been removed before and it looked like we were going to move again. Then is broke again and they have evacuated the outdoor queue again. Cast now asking everyone to go enjoy the rest of the park.

Jeffxz

I had a second boarding group of 92 but now the app is saying I’m not in a group.
Did anyone else with a second boarding group for today get removed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom