News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

For those of you who have ridden...how long does it take, approximately/average, from tap in until exit? @disneygeek90 and @Pooh.sHoneyHuntTDL you have ridden multiple times, how long should I allow to queue and ride?
Assuming all preshows are in working order, the most I have waited to get to the first preshow was about 40 minutes. Which puts your total time dedicated with queue, shows and ride at about an hour. That's on the high end, I've also waited 15 minutes to the preshow, but for time to put aside I would say about an hour to be safe.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
For those of you who have ridden...how long does it take, approximately/average, from tap in until exit? @disneygeek90 and @Pooh.sHoneyHuntTDL you have ridden multiple times, how long should I allow to queue and ride?
I only got to ride it twice, first time took around 40 mins, while second was about 50 mins. The wait once I got past the entrance was about 20 mins, then the wait after hanger was about 10-15 mins.

TomOutEast

Backup groups start at 106 today. I wonder how they decide to set the "confirmed" vs "backup" groups on a day to day basis? I'm sure some of that has to do with how many FPs they had to give out the day before but what other factors might they be considering?

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
85 today I got. At 7am. Wild.
Impressive getting over there before it opened! I got back to my car about 6:40 and figured I wouldn’t have a prayer getting there in time. One of these days I’m going to figure out how to run as fast as you, haha. I bet there weren’t many other 10k runners there with you!

KevinPage

When are they expecting these crazy crowds to die down?
73D33FF2-F3A6-4FED-A91D-2B75A1B537DF.gif

KevinPage

Impressive getting over there before it opened! I got back to my car about 6:40 and figured I wouldn’t have a prayer getting there in time. One of these days I’m going to figure out how to run as fast as you, haha. I bet there weren’t many other 10k runners there with you!
EE20F9E5-30DA-4F73-A522-90379C802895.gif

Soma27

So the ride is in B mode today. No preshows. You miss the bB8 show and walk outside, then you bypass the resistance ship into a hallway that dumps you in the side of the Star destroyer hanger. Bummer. I’d wait as long as you can to use your boarding group number.

So they tried to do this to our two groups (split between 19 and 25) about 40 minutes ago. I complained, and they pulled us back and we did both preshows. Might have got lucky that they were coming right back on-line at the time, but we got lucky and got the full experience.

raymusiccity

I don't think anyone really knows yet, it's the first time it's been implemented (and probably not the last)
I think they should stick with it. There are several advantages to the system....it effectively prevents riders from coming off the ride and getting right back in line.....gives you a chance at a great ride in addition to the 3 FastPasses you may already have.....it evens the playing field for anyone willing to get up early...et al. :)

KevinPage

I’ve never been more “on edge” about going on a ride that I’ve been on multiple times already.

It’s like a series of huddles I’m visualizing

Step 1: get to park early enough to be settled in park and hope not to many roads closed for runners

Step 2: secure early boarding group, restart phone beforehand, turn off WIFI/Bluetooth

Step 5: make sure they don’t skip any preshow sand be armed and ready to politely but persistently complain

Step 4: hope the ride has all features working when on it

I definitely long for the good ‘ole days of early December 2019 🤩🤩🤩

jt04

Just a thought. What if they allowed guests to join one "boarding group" a day after all the E+ attractions open plus Ratatouille and a few others? That might just be the "ticket" to spread the crowds away from RotR.

gerarar

Premium Member
Just a thought. What if they allowed guests to join one "boarding group" a day after all the E+ attractions open plus Ratatouille and a few others? That might just be the "ticket" to spread the crowds away from RotR.
It would be interesting to see how it plays out in Hollywood Studios once MMRR opens; if they restrict one BG a day, no matter the ride, I bet many would guests will be mad.

disneygeek90

I’ve never been more “on edge” about going on a ride that I’ve been on multiple times already.

It’s like a series of huddles I’m visualizing

Step 1: get to park early enough to be settled in park and hope not to many roads closed for runners

Step 2: secure early boarding group, restart phone beforehand, turn off WIFI/Bluetooth

Step 5: make sure they don’t skip any preshow sand be armed and ready to politely but persistently complain

Step 4: hope the ride has all features working when on it

I definitely long for the good ‘ole days of early December 2019 🤩🤩🤩
Are you going tomorrow or Sunday?

jt04

It would be interesting to see how it plays out in Hollywood Studios once MMRR opens; if they restrict one BG a day, no matter the ride, I bet many would guests will be mad.

Not sure about that. It is basically a fast pass for early birds. As long as they also open standby lines it leaves guests in control of their own experience. Especially if Tron, Gaurdians, FoP, Rat and MMRR were included as options. Choice of one per day. I think it works.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom