News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

nunch3

So the ride is in B mode today. No preshows. You miss the bB8 show and walk outside, then you bypass the resistance ship into a hallway that dumps you in the side of the Star destroyer hanger. Bummer. I’d wait as long as you can to use your boarding group number.
I was on it today around 10:30 and all the preshows and animatronics were working on our run through. In line they said there was a slight delay in operations, but the line still moved and by the time we got to the initial loading area (before Rey) everything worked as normal.

Epcot_Imagineer

So they tried to do this to our two groups (split between 19 and 25) about 40 minutes ago. I complained, and they pulled us back and we did both preshows. Might have got lucky that they were coming right back on-line at the time, but we got lucky and got the full experience.
Good to know they allowed you to do them after asking -- but still, you shouldn't have to make a request in order to experience a majority of the attraction.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
I think they should stick with it. There are several advantages to the system....it effectively prevents riders from coming off the ride and getting right back in line.....gives you a chance at a great ride in addition to the 3 FastPasses you may already have.....it evens the playing field for anyone willing to get up early...et al. :)
Agreed, but many on this forum will disagree. There are pros and cons to the boarding groups, but the one time I went, I was grateful to not stand in a queue for hours.

durangojim

When people talk about refreshing the app, do they mean closing it on an iOS device by swiping up and then reopening the app or just go to the home screen on the app and then clicking back on the rotr screen?

Rob562

We are a giant group of 17, so it ended up just being us in both pre-shows, Interegation and the ride. Was like a VIP experience.

Everyone ahead of us on the line had no idea and went right to the storm troopers.

Did one person not ride? Trying to envision the logistics of 17 people on an attraction that dispatches 16 at a time.

-Rob

jt04

the biggest downfall is that it alienates a vast majority of guests because they dont get up at 6am

It isn't the vast majority. IMO the options are boarding groups, long queues with no guarantee of riding, or premium fast passes like Uni. Or random lottery the preceding day.

Last edited:

jt04

it is the vast majority..........MK has 57k per day..............Hollywood Studios 32k................Epcot 34k........................AK 34k...............Thats 157,000 people per day............IF BG average 1,000 pre group, that means 15kish ride ROTR.........thats under 10%..........90% is a vast majority

People who won't show up early are not necessarily worried about it. It separates those who are more motivated. Since nowhere near your 90% can be accommodated anyway your point is somewhat moot.

disneygeek90

it is the vast majority..........MK has 57k per day..............Hollywood Studios 32k................Epcot 34k........................AK 34k...............Thats 157,000 people per day............IF BG average 1,000 pre group, that means 15kish ride ROTR.........thats under 10%..........90% is a vast majority
You can't include people going to other parks in a discussion about one attraction.

I can't go to Epcot and then complain I didn't get to ride Mine Train today.

jt04

Shutting out anyone that arrives after 7am will not work and i know that for a fact because Disney will be changing this to FP sooner or later

If they offer BGs to more than one attraction and open standby then if you have to wait in a long queue it is your choice.

disneygeek90

Shutting out anyone that arrives after 7am will not work and i know that for a fact because Disney will be changing this to FP sooner or later
Ohhh.. I see. I just realized you changed your username. We've already had this discussion ten fold.

They already moved out EMH through March. They aren't willing to give resort guests 2 hours a week of access. They're not thinking about FP for them anytime soon.

easyrowrdw

It doesn't. Backup groups were available until after 9:00 today and have been all week.

0c5c21d6238fc04dae2c943a2223d80a946fec47.png

They don't get through all the backups, but they do typically make through a good amount.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom