News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

POTC

I know the app refresh strategy has been discussed, but I just want to reiterate how important it is to open the app at the exact time the park opens. I was there on December 28th, park was PACKED. I made sure I was using cellular data and waited until 6am (park opening) to open the app. Right when the clock struck 6, I was able to grab group 19 and was called to board 30 minutes later. I may have been lucky, but it seems that this strategy gives you the best chance at a morning boarding group.

Good luck to everyone braving the crowds. I’ve been on twice and it’s easily the best experience Walt Disney World has to offer, as long as it’s working ;)

disneygeek90

Didn’t end up getting a group today. I was nervous with the runners that they might be out by the time I got there, though there are backups still available now.

I know the app refresh strategy has been discussed, but I just want to reiterate how important it is to open the app at the exact time the park opens.

And you also have to be already IN the park and past the point where you scan your ticket? I would guess it’s a very small few that are able to refresh the app both right when the park opens and already be IN the park? Unless they are letting people in (past the ticket-takers) before the park opens?

Last edited:

jt04

And you also have to be IN the park and past the point where you scan your ticket? I would guess it’s a very small few that are able to refresh the app both right when the park opens and already be IN the park? Unless they are letting people in (past the ticket-takers) before the park opens?

Yes. That is my understanding. They let people in before the official opening.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And you also have to be already IN the park and past the point where you scan your ticket? I would guess it’s a very small few that are able to refresh the app both right when the park opens and already be IN the park? Unless they are letting people in (past the ticket-takers) before the park opens?
Yes. That is my understanding. They let people in before the official opening.

As has been discussed, gates can open (currently up to 60 minutes) before the official “opening” time.

But you can only hang around and wait for the official time to attempt to get a BG.

disneygeek90

As has been discussed, gates can open (currently up to 60 minutes) before the official “opening” time.

But you can only hang around and wait for the official time to attempt to get a BG.
Yes lately nothing has been open, not even stores. The only exception is Starbucks lol

disneygeek90

So the ride is in B mode today. No preshows. You miss the bB8 show and walk outside, then you bypass the resistance ship into a hallway that dumps you in the side of the Star destroyer hanger. Bummer. I’d wait as long as you can to use your boarding group number.
Oh yikes.. here we go again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom