News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Chet Dakota

Has anyone tried having a member of your party scan in, then have them leave the park before 7:00 and they are still accepted as a member of your boarding party?

I thought about doing this, but it was not an experiment I cared to try.

Rob562

Has anyone tried having a member of your party scan in, then have them leave the park before 7:00 and they are still accepted as a member of your boarding party?

Unless they were to then scan into another park before 7, there's not really any way for Disney to know who's left the park.

-Rob

disneygeek90

Disney doesn't know who left, just that they at one point entered. I'm not even sure if they scanned into another park at 8am if it would matter.

tribbleorlfl

It’s designed (by WDI) to close when the transporter is down. Bad show. Is ToT loading in the fifth dimension room today? When Splash reopens, will it load in the Laughing Place? Peak “they’re tourists!”
I was going to say, that would seem to be an essential element that would have instantly closed the ride down in the old days.

I can imagine the guest services blowback would have been greater had the evaced the line and shut the whole thing down, though.

disneygeek90

Disney absolutely does know your location, if you are using MDE or PlayDisney. Those apps vary the messages and game options based on locations. There is a reason bluetooth has to be on.

Now, would Disney have programmed something in the boarding group software to use the location service? That is a different question. And, I doubt they would have done that as it would not add any value to the BG booking experience.
The requirement for being "in the park" isn't GPS based. There are far too many spoofing programs that could move people's location into the park so they could get a boarding group from their bed, if that was the case.

They are looking for a park entrance, scanned in, with an active ticket. I doubt they are looking much further than that.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom