News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

cindy_k

Are you sure you're not mis-remembering that? Yours is the first report I've seen anywhere of the shuttle being bypassed. (In fact it was posted by insiders that if the shuttle system goes down, SOP is that the attraction closes until it's fixed, that there isn't a way to bypass it with guests)

-Rob
No I didn't misremember. Since we had made it past that point the first time I was disappointed but was like alright whatever. I felt bad for the lady in front of me. Who was child swapping and had never ridden the ride. She doesn't even know that she missed part. They let us stand in the hanger for a bit to take pictures. I think the cast was feeling bad that we were only getting part of the ride.

This person on Twitter has reported the same thing except I think they never got to see the preshow.

20200106_114308.jpg

disneygeek90

No I didn't misremember. Since we had made it past that point the first time I was disappointed but was like alright whatever. I felt bad for the lady in front of me. Who was child swapping and had never ridden the ride. She doesn't even know that she missed part. They let us stand in the hanger for a bit to take pictures. I think the cast was feeling bad that we were only getting part of the ride.

This person on Twitter has reported the same thing except I think they never got to see the preshow.

That's... uhhh…. really bad.

TomOutEast

I'm still not expecting it, but Tuesday the 14th has to be about as quiet as Disney gets year round

No, no, no. I've "heard" the 14th will be absolutely one of the worst days ever in the history of theme parks to be in Hollywood Studios. A terrible, terrible day to be there. All the other parks will be fine, no, they will have the BEST operating day ever...except for HS which will be awful. Please share this important information with all your friends.

PS - This has nothing to do with my attendance at the park on that day. It is based on what I just typed and since it's on the internet it must be true.

Parker in NYC

It’s designed (by WDI) to close when the transporter is down. Bad show. Is ToT loading in the fifth dimension room today? When Splash reopens, will it load in the Laughing Place? Peak “they’re tourists!”

Would you rather people not experience the attraction at all?!

Sorry, I mistook the transporters for Murphy beds at the Riviera.

Rob562

View attachment 439586

Well that is an unfortunate and saddening/maddening report.

I'm curious about those logistics... I presume you went through the queue (either regular or FastPass) and got to the holding room before the BB-8 briefing room. Were you then shown through a doorway on your left and brought directly to the Hangar Bay rather than straight ahead into the briefing rooms? (Entering the bay from the opposite end from the hallway to the cells)

-Rob

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It’s designed (by WDI) to close when the transporter is down. Bad show. Is ToT loading in the fifth dimension room today? When Splash reopens, will it load in the Laughing Place? Peak “they’re tourists!”

Darn you Park Ops! Hopefully they realize how silly this is rather quickly..

I cannot imagine someone like Josh D'Amaro, as an example, being thrilled with this....

disneygeek90

Would you rather people not experience the attraction at all?!
This question is actually more complex than it seems.

Surely you would think that at least riding is better than nothing, but in this instance it feels like not having the full experience would be disappointing, awkward, and downright confusing. I think that reflects just how darn good these pre-shows are, to the degree that its impact on the attraction is more important than effects working on the ride itself. If the FoP preshows were down, no one would care all that much. Actually, they might prefer it.

To get back to the original question, I think the answer is... kind of?

cindy_k

Well that is an unfortunate and saddening/maddening report.

I'm curious about those logistics... I presume you went through the queue (either regular or FastPass) and got to the holding room before the BB-8 briefing room. Were you then shown through a doorway on your left and brought directly to the Hangar Bay rather than straight ahead into the briefing rooms? (Entering the bay from the opposite end from the hallway to the cells)

-Rob
We came down the fastpass line. They walked us thru the briefing room, out by the shuttle, we then turned left and went behind scenes thru a door and into the star destroyer.

Chet Dakota

We were in BG 66. We were called but were riding ToT. By the time we got over to GE, at about 12:30-ish, the ride was down. It reopened around 2:10, I think. While in the caves, the line cane to a complete stop for about 8 to 10 minutes. We got to the briefing room at maybe 2:55 or so. BB-8 was not working in the right briefing room and was no where in the room. Rey’s message was modified as if he was not there. We went into the shuttle and thought the ride without any other issues. We exited the ride right at 3:12. The shuttle was working for us.

gerarar

Premium Member
We were in BG 66. We were called but were riding ToT. By the time we got over to GE, at about 12:30-ish, the ride was down. It reopened around 2:10, I think. While in the caves, the line cane to a complete stop for about 8 to 10 minutes. We got to the briefing room at maybe 2:55 or so. BB-8 was not working in the right briefing room and was no where in the room. Rey’s message was modified as if he was not there. We went into the shuttle and thought the ride without any other issues. We exited the ride right at 3:12. The shuttle was working for us.
That's nice that there's a B-mode for when BB-8 isn't working, didn't know that!

disneygeek90

Interesting that they have a "B" mode Rey show.

56srogers

Didn't see if anyone had answered, but basically whoever gets it first gets it for both, then the other person will get an error message saying you are already in a group. When we did it I was trying by myself but the app wouldn't refresh so my wife started it from scratch and got one straight away, then my app immediately said I was already in a group.
Thanks I didnt get that detailed of answer its good to know

Parker in NYC

This question is actually more complex than it seems.

Surely you would think that at least riding is better than nothing, but in this instance it feels like not having the full experience would be disappointing, awkward, and downright confusing. I think that reflects just how darn good these pre-shows are, to the degree that its impact on the attraction is more important than effects working on the ride itself. If the FoP preshows were down, no one would care all that much. Actually, they might prefer it.

To get back to the original question, I think the answer is... kind of?

Apologies, that was sarcasm on my part. I am livid that the transporters were skipped. I was just eluding to the many threads here where folks say to “buck up, buttercup” if a certain major element isn’t working correctly. I wouldn’t put it past them to think of this as no big whoop! In fact, I think some were saying that when those of us who criticized those switchbacks on RoTR were condemned because at least more boarding groups could go through. I mean, kind of go through. Quite frankly, these are the folks who probably keep phone screens brightly lit at all times at the movies. I don’t know why, just a hunch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom