News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

orky8

I think this system is alot worse than when the early birds were guaranteed to get in.

Now it's a complete lottery and you just have to wake up for no reason day and hope you get in.
Yes. We had four people trying to get through. That was the fastest through. So basically wake up three kids at 530 and maybe they can ride? 9-16 at 8am. We’ll see.
And the park is mobbed today. Not sure why they let pass holders back this weekend.

gerarar

Premium Member
128 backup at 704. So frustrated.
Don't worry. It's pretty much a 90% chance they'll get to that today, given how it's performing steadily the last few days. The only way I see it not happening is if there's at least 3 huge downtimes today (the ones that take ≥40 mins or so).

The only problem is to plan your day around the night boarding time. Park hopping, or doing various activities around HS.

Lee L

Don't worry. It's pretty much a 90% chance they'll get to that today, given how it's performing steadily the last few days. The only way I see it not happening is if there's at least 3 huge downtimes today (the ones that take ≥40 mins or so).

The only problem is to plan your day around the night boarding time. Park hopping, or doing various activities around HS.
And there were two downtimes yesterday, 1/2, one was about two hours (the range of groups shown on the app when it started back was 87-88 so all the previous groups except one had timed out) and the other close to 45 minutes and they still got to 157. Kind of blew up our schedule but We got to see everything we had scheduled except Kilimanjaro Safaris.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
If you get there at 5:30 am you should be able to reserve your boarding pass, imo. I dislike the new system greatly. It's frustrating to get everyone in your party up that early just to stand in a crowd with thousands of other people and get a luck of the draw within the first three minutes of park open. They need to go back to how it was.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If you get there at 5:30 am you should be able to reserve your boarding pass, imo. I dislike the new system greatly. It's frustrating to get everyone in your party up that early just to stand in a crowd with thousands of other people and get a luck of the draw within the first three minutes of park open. They need to go back to how it was.
Which "how it was"?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Which "how it was"?

For me personally I'd like no boarding groups or fastpasses, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen any time soon.

But you should be able to get a boarding group as soon as you tap into the parks. That "how it was". Although it was dumb to have random open times. So not that "how it was"

orky8

Thanks. Fingers crossed. We have a three year old and two other kids so will break mid afternoon for nap/rest and come back for Fantasmic. Especially since we had to get them all up at 530. I will be livid if don’t get called at all, but do like our chances.

promod1955

The argument would be that with the new system, you don't need to be there at 5:30, but rather 6:20-6:30 to get through the tapstile and ready for the 7am all at once luck of the draw.

I'm curious to know if those who complained about the opening week boarding group style and said that the app needs to open at "official" park open, are willing to admit that maybe that wasn't the best solution after all. Regular boarding groups gone in 3 minutes, and backups seem to be going quick too. The late sleepers got their wish though and STILL may not even be in the park yet.

If they have 8am openings and boarding groups are still being used, regular and backup boarding groups will be done at 8:05. even so much as a slight 30 second app glitch and people are going to be HOT.

steveNJ

That explains why today, all of a sudden, all groups are gone within minutes of opening when they’ve been lasting hours before?
All groups were going quickly, the backup boarding groups are the only ones that lasted longer I believe.
Gold APs weren’t allowed back until today and its been that way all week, so basically it is just crowded.

relic827

All groups were going quickly, the backup boarding groups are the only ones that lasted longer I believe.
Gold APs weren’t allowed back until today and its been that way all week, so basically it is just crowded.
I know that, By “all groups,” I meant regulars and backups

promod1955

The new system is chaos.
How could you even plan out your week not knowing if you will get in on the first shot.

The only solace I can take is I was able to ride it before this system fail and hopefully they will figure out a better system by the time I go back.

100%. You book your fastpasses thinking you will be at this park on this date, then surprise you get a super late boarding group that may not get called or non at all. A slight technology mishap out of your control leaves you with zero. That would be a tough pill to swallow. Of course I'll be my own devil's advocate and any attraction on property could go down for the whole day and at that point it's no different. Many like to control their own destiny the best that they can though.

If there is one thing that 231 pages has shown us, nobody will ever agree and to my knowledge non of us are the HS ops decision makers looking at the big picture and making the judgement calls.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
100%. You book your fastpasses thinking you will be at this park on this date, then surprise you get a super late boarding group that may not get called or non at all. A slight technology mishap out of your control leaves you with zero. That would be a tough pill to swallow. Of course I'll be my own devil's advocate and any attraction on property could go down for the whole day and at that point it's no different. Many like to control their own destiny the best that they can though.

If there is one thing that 231 pages has shown us, nobody will ever agree and to my knowledge non of us are the HS ops decision makers looking at the big picture and making the judgement calls.

It sounds like everyone agrees that the ride is awesome, though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom