News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

nickys

Premium Member
While you don't have to be in a park to book a current FP+, you cannot book FP+ unless you have bought a non refundable ticket for a specific date range so for all intents and purposes it is just as effective

The value of an unused ticket can always be applied against the cost of another ticket.

Or you could have an AP, activated or otherwise.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Lots of stalled times today...

1578024149237.png

relic827

Personally, I don’t mind standing in a 2 hour (at most) line just once for something I’ve never ridden. Just once though...
But I know not everyone feels the same and I understand.

BrianLo

Does Disney attribute park attendance to the first gate an individual guest goes through?

I very much see a large bump for DHS this year at the behest of Epcot. It seems like the thing to do is go to DHS first for a boarding group, then take the Skyliner for 'Epcot days'.

TiggerDad

Im sorry call me crazy call me old fashioned call me sin but two hour waits should not happen at any property designed and fleshed theme park.
Ok. You're crazy, old fashioned and whatever the other thing was. :)

Seriously, long waits will happen when a ride is more popular than its throughput can handle. This could be bad design or just high demand for the new shiny toy.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
One day during our visit we secured a boarding group (59), we left and went to Animal Kingdom and then came back later in the day when our group was called.
We did exactly the same thing on the last day of our trip. Received BG 63, hit a few rides before leaving HS, packed up at our resort and went to AK until our BG was called around 2pm. ETA- rode at 3pm

Last edited:

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
While you don't have to be in a park to book a current FP+, you cannot book FP+ unless you have bought a non refundable ticket for a specific date range so for all intents and purposes it is just as effective
But you can use a park ticket/AP in any of 4 parks. What I think HS seeks to avoid is guests reserving BGs without commitment to visiting HS that day. The problem would be guests reserving BGs without the full intention of going to HS, possibly to see what number they'd get or tentatively see if they can work it into their day plan, etc.

It would be a mess if any guest with an AP or tickets could reserve BGs frfom outside HS everyday. They need to actually check in 1st before gaining access to the system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom