Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

SoCalDisneyLover

Hopefully they have have a better day tomorrow.

Looks like they only made it to Group 60 today. Yesterday they made it to 130.
I feel like we're at the point where it's safe to say that this ride is going to Always be unreliable. Early on there was a lot of talk about how it would take time to work out the kinks, and that reliability would improve over time, as they fixed different technical aspects of the ride's operations. But here we are after the park has been closed for almost 14 months, and there is No Change whatsoever. It's a game of chance getting a boarding group, and then hoping it's a low enough group that you get on. And oh, you might have to wait 12 hours for the opportunity, because the ride will likely shut down several times during the day, for 30-120 minutes at a time.

I'm sorry, but it just takes away from any sort of promotion they can do. If I were bringing someone to the park, I'd feel the right thing to do would be downplay the ride, to avoid disappointment. I'd have to explain to my friend that there's no guarantee of getting into a boarding group, and then no guarantee of getting on the ride, even if we did get in a group. Kind of like, "yeah, it's a good ride, but there's so much else to do at Disneyland, that it should not be a primary reason for visiting the park."

I realize rides break down from time to time, but it seems like with this ride, it's more a question of how many times each day it will happen, rather than how many days a week it will happen.

DLR>WDW

I feel like we're at the point where it's safe to say that this ride is going to Always be unreliable. Early on there was a lot of talk about how it would take time to work out the kinks, and that reliability would improve over time, as they fixed different technical aspects of the ride's operations. But here we are after the park has been closed for almost 14 months, and there is No Change whatsoever. It's a game of chance getting a boarding group, and then hoping it's a low enough group that you get on. And oh, you might have to wait 12 hours for the opportunity, because the ride will likely shut down several times during the day, for 30-120 minutes at a time.

I'm sorry, but it just takes away from any sort of promotion they can do. If I were bringing someone to the park, I'd feel the right thing to do would be downplay the ride, to avoid disappointment. I'd have to explain to my friend that there's no guarantee of getting into a boarding group, and then no guarantee of getting on the ride, even if we did get in a group. Kind of like, "yeah, it's a good ride, but there's so much else to do at Disneyland, that it should not be a primary reason for visiting the park."

I realize rides break down from time to time, but it seems like with this ride, it's more a question of how many times each day it will happen, rather than how many days a week it will happen.
I’d disagree. In essence, this ride has only seen less 3 months of true operation here at Disneyland. 2 months in 2020, and about 1 month during test and adjust while the park was being prepped for reopening. They weren’t actively working on the ride over the closure, as most of their engineering team was furloughed, and it likely gained new issues sitting dormant for a year. I really don’t think that’s enough time or data to say the attraction is always going to be unreliable. If there’s still prolonged daily breakdowns in, say, summer 2022, then yeah.. you may be right, but almost every major new Disney attraction has experienced these issues for the first year at least.

DLR>WDW

Sorry for such an obscure a question, but does anyone know if your party that has a reservation for the day you’re booking your boarding group comes up as preselected on this screen, or do you have to select each party member:
ACAC7E7C-2901-4734-8712-2AA9BC85BD95.jpeg

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Why do I have a sad feeling I may not get to ride it again on my upcoming trip. I will have 3 chances. It won't make or break my trip since I will be happy to be in the parks again, but I really do want to experience it at least once.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Seems like they might have finished boarding groups early (didn't have many as they thought towards the end?) saw a post that they opened the line up at the very end of the night.
The boarding group graph seemed to flatline around 5:45pm.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
They must have gotten through groups faster than expected. I have been told that closing early like before is done. So they should be staying open until park closings now.
If I remember correctly, they got up to group 127 yesterday. Unfortunatly, it looks to be down for a good hour this morning :(

1619892085433.png

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
There's been at least 2-hours of down time today and it looks like it's down again. So weird that one day (yesterday) it can have no down time and another be struggling so much. Is it because they are maybe trying to push people through faster today and it's triggering sync errors?

1619903699578.png

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Looks like they ended up with a good solid run from about 2:40pm to stopping at 6pm. They got to about group 125'ish.

This will be my last report, I think. Don't want to annoy you guys. Here is the link to the data if you guys want to continue looking.

TP2000

Since @TP2000 is retiring from RotR uptime commentary do I get to do it?

Maybe not, but here is today's uptime so far:

View attachment 553439

At group 40 at 11:09am and trending fairly smoothly at 11.6 groups per hour.

God bless you, young one! You get to do it from now on.

I got busy with social stuff down at the beach this past weekend, and then got busier with stuff around the homestead the past few days. You do it. Keep the light on for us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom