Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

flynnibus

Premium Member

That's a pretty poor data point. It's more simply a measurement of observed cycle time and what they extrapolate their theoretical hourly capacity is from that.

You can't reliably measure boarding group size from it because it's not just BGs in the queue.. but also returners.

And how reliable his measurement of actual throughput is depends on how reliably Disney is filling every seat and how consistent that 75second interval he mentions is.

socalifornian

28 on the 28th! Its been on 17 for over 30 minutes but way better than group 90 from my first time, didn’t make that one
02D89E87-CF32-4FE9-86C0-E0187B4E36B3.jpeg

fctiger

The family got to do this yesterday on the 27th. We even took a day off just so we can do it on a weekday and with a later 9:00 a.m. opening. I have to say the entire time I did not think we were going to get on it. And we prepared our kids and told them there is a really good chance it may not happened and planned out the entire day just as we normally would. So everyone was prepared if it didn't happen.

But it happened! :)

We got group 34 and was on the ride about 2 and a half hours later. It was totally worth it!!! That said, now that we did it, we're not going to bother again for at least a few months. We live 25 minutes away with APs that don't expire until July so it was great to do the experience once and even better how smoothly it went for us. But I can't imagine trying to do that on every trip lol. No thank you! But I can definitely understand why its so much hype behind it. I'm just amazed this is in my back yard. It's all so surreal.

Purduevian

Is there no way this would be able to work with bigger vehicles? Why not have 4 rows of 8 instead of 2 rows of 4? Yes the vehicle would weigh much more and the simulator and hallways would need to account for it. However, wouldnt the technology and development be the difficult part? Not the size?

From an engineering standpoint is it not possible to have built the same attraction but with bigger vehicles from the ground up?

That size might be too extreme as charging and set size become an issue with a trackless vehicle being that large. However, Disney is currently building a larger trackless vehicle for Tokyo which seats 10 instead of the standard 8.

1580241763209.png

Mickeyboof

That size might be too extreme as charging and set size become an issue with a trackless vehicle being that large. However, Disney is currently building a larger trackless vehicle for Tokyo which seats 10 instead of the standard 8.

View attachment 444831

Of course Tokyo Disney figured it out, and paid the bill.

At least they’re building with capacity in mind.

Disney Analyst

View attachment 444831

This is not meant to be rude... but do we think these seats would fit the current size range of visitors at American Disney parks? They look certainly designed for the Japanese market.

truecoat

Of course Tokyo Disney figured it out, and paid the bill.

At least they’re building with capacity in mind.

If the concept art is correct, 5 ride vehicles are circling the table during the Be Our Guest scene. 50 people all at once. I would think this ride would have a pretty good throughput.

Darkbeer1

This is not meant to be rude... but do we think these seats would fit the current size range of visitors at American Disney parks? They look certainly designed for the Japanese market.
Not just size (some Japanese and Asians are fluffies.)

But culture. Many North Americans want personal space between folks. In Japan, being placed in a sardine can is expected.

el_super

In boarding group news, they had a rough start today but seem to be making up for it. They started late (after 10am), and averaged about 8 groups/hour for their first four hours, but are now averaging 9.7 for the day. Maybe they will make it past 10 groups/hour again?

Screenshot_20200128-183704_Chrome.jpg

DLR>WDW

Anyone know if they're compensating guests who were unable to board the attraction with a 1 day ticket? Could you imagine spending nearly $150 bucks, taking all the correct steps to arrive and attempt to get your pass, but not be able to ride..

flynnibus

Premium Member
Anyone know if they're compensating guests who were unable to board the attraction with a 1 day ticket? Could you imagine spending nearly $150 bucks, taking all the correct steps to arrive and attempt to get your pass, but not be able to ride..

See: Fireworks canceled...
See: Indy was down when I wanted to ride...
See: Rain canceled the show...
See: F! canceled...
See: "The lines were too long for me... so I didn't get to ride XYZ"

Californian Elitist

Why would Disney refund an entire ticket because someone couldn’t get on a specific ride?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom