Star Wars Launch Bay coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios later this year

raymusiccity

That's okay, I didn't realize I was being referred to as a 'dork'.

image.jpeg

DisneyFans4Life

A friend of mine just got rehired and will be working Launch Bay. He said the training has been pretty intense as they have been going through all sorts of Star Wars trivia, facts, details, etc. Apparently they want all the CMs to know pretty much anything and everything about Star Wars and be able to answer questions from guests.

jakeman

A friend of mine just got rehired and will be working Launch Bay. He said the training has been pretty intense as they have been going through all sorts of Star Wars trivia, facts, details, etc. Apparently they want all the CMs to know pretty much anything and everything about Star Wars and be able to answer questions from guests.
How hard can it be? The EU is like 5 books and 6 months of comics now.

dvitali

Any news if they moving Watto Grotto or closing it when Launch Bay open. Bought The BB8 robot last week there and a few Marvel Star Wars Comics.

FigmentJedi

How hard can it be? The EU is like 5 books and 6 months of comics now.
5 books? It's more like 20 taking into account the non-adaptation stuff within the young readers stuff. And even the trilogy of new youth adaptations of the original trilogy fills a lot of stuff on the sides in.

Add the 130 some episodes of Clone Wars and Rebels, short stories in the magazines and mobile games like Uprising, and the current canon isn't that small. It's manageable, but there's still a fair amount of material around.

TP2000

Star Wars Launch Bay had a soft opening at Disneyland today.

The "Dark Side" and "Light Side" meet n' greet corridors weren't open yet, but all the exhibit space and displays were up and running. The rest of Season of the Force, including the new Star Tours scenes, Path of the Jedi movie and Hyperspace Mountain, is anticipated to soft open over the weekend before the official opening ceremony on Monday the 16th.

SPOILER ALERT! This quick video shows a few photos taken from inside Launch Bay today. While this is the Disneyland version, I suspect the interior exhibits were cloned for both parks and the DHS version will be identical except for exhibit placement and minor square footage adjustments.

roj2323

Star Wars Launch Bay had a soft opening at Disneyland today.

The "Dark Side" and "Light Side" meet n' greet corridors weren't open yet, but all the exhibit space and displays were up and running. The rest of Season of the Force, including the new Star Tours scenes, Path of the Jedi movie and Hyperspace Mountain, is anticipated to soft open over the weekend before the official opening ceremony on Monday the 16th.

SPOILER ALERT! This quick video shows a few photos taken from inside Launch Bay today. While this is the Disneyland version, I suspect the interior exhibits were cloned for both parks and the DHS version will be identical except for exhibit placement and minor square footage adjustments.

I'm resisting the urge to watch this as I don't want to be ultimately disappointed with what Hollywood studios gets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom