Star Wars Land

Hollywood Studios is probobly my least favorite park...eh. It reminds me of Universal Studios. Which isn't a good thing. The only thing good in Universal is Harry Potter's world(whatev it's called).

neoshinok

I didn't back-read, but I think this would be a good ride system for an X-wing attraction. Lots of possibilities with projections around the tunnel. Also, likely a low height restriction, which is a huge plus for HS additions.
904065_528712473839228_1775801982_o-1024x665.jpg

tman2000

Jabbas palace would be great. The queue would have that rancor part- but imagine if it shook simulating the beast walking.

The associated ride could be soarin over tatooine basically, but the gliders take the form of sail barges on massive kuka arms.

The restaurant could have a giant animatronic jabba, with band members to - just interspersed. A cast member could 'drive' jabba.

muteki

I didn't back-read, but I think this would be a good ride system for an X-wing attraction. Lots of possibilities with projections around the tunnel. Also, likely a low height restriction, which is a huge plus for HS additions.
My only problem with this idea is how odd it would look to have 30 x-wings in a row right in front of you.

CinematicFusion

Jabbas palace would be great. The queue would have that rancor part- but imagine if it shook simulating the beast walking.

The associated ride could be soarin over tatooine basically, but the gliders take the form of sail barges on massive kuka arms.

The restaurant could have a giant animatronic jabba, with band members to - just interspersed. A cast member could 'drive' jabba.

Escape from Jabba's palace would be an amazing dark ride experience. The Palace itself could the the visual tent pole of the land. If they go with a Tatoonie concept....hope the eticket is Jabba's Palace.

CinematicFusion

Star Wars land will happen at some point...hope it is soon.
When it does happen, hope Disney thinks outside the box a little on this one.

1. Would like the imagineers to create a new mythical Star Wars land full of color. Maybe a blending of multiple worlds in it's theme.
2. As cool as Tatoonie is on screen, not sure how fun it would be to walk through nothing but brown sandy colors in the middle of July in Florida. You will really get the feeling of being on a dessert planet then....hope they factor in shade! Just think the Land could use more color. Also, if they build Cars Land...that is a lot of brown rock structures in the park.
3. We would all like to see a major E-Ticket ride for the granddaddy of blockbuster movies. Maybe a thrilling roller coaster or a Dark Ride using the latest tech that dives into the battle of good vs. evil. Whatever it is, needs to be total immersion.
4. On That note...how about a laser, wonderful world of color, John williams Star Wars themed night show. I think this would be an amazing show to transport the audience into the power of myth...get goosebumps thinking about listening to the scores of Williams timed the the imagination of Disney.

Maybe we will see a Star Wars night time show after all.
This is from Orlando business Insider ( not sure how credible)

“There also have been conversations of re-themeing the Fantasmic! night show and introducing a new fireworks show with a Star Wars theme,” Emerson told me. The Fantasmic! show is on the opposite end of the theme park from its current Star Wars-themed area. He said that thought process by Disney shows the Mouse doesn’t see Star Wars as a ‘single area’ type of addition, but rather, as playing a larger role in the entire park.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2013/06/star-wars-lands-influence-may-reach.html

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
For that rumor to be true it would have to be an under 40 inches ride. So less thrilling/dangerous the Splash, Big Thunder, TOT, Dinosaur etc. I'm guessing we won't be getting a HM or POTC type ride either.

matt9112

Have you been to Universal Studios lately? Or Hollywood Studios lately?

Uni's got them beat right now.

you mean the parks i can do both of in one day.....and ride all the rides? minus shows ofcourse. yeah....got them real beat.

great effort but not enough filler.

(went last sept for work and to see potter)

CinematicFusion

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom