Star Wars Land

Ignohippo

At this point, is Disney going to feel that their hand is being forced to either confirm or deny these rumors, or will they pull a standard PR like of:

"At Disney we are always looking at ways to enhance our guest's experience by adding new attraction and entertainment options, and there are many exciting plans in constant development for all of our worldwide themeparks that we are looking forward to announcing in the near future".

You know, basically say nothing but make it sound like they are saying something?

"forced"! I see what you did there...

doctornick

The area needs an attraction, it doesn't need to be demo'd. Besides, it would be the perfect home for Marvel if they could ever get the rights back (not saying they ever will, but a guy can dream).

Ironically, even ignoring the Muppets, the SOA area does have an attraction -- it's just that the Premiere Theater sits unused most of the time. It would be nice if they put a permanent show there (personally, I think putting a PatF how there would be perfect given as the movie is set in America and you could possible add some New Orleans theming to the area and/or convert Mama Melrose to a Cajan/Creole theme restaurant to go along with it).

As for Pizza Planet, I whole-heartedly agree with you. The perfect place for it would be where the StudioCatering Co. is now. The shop across from it could become Al's Toy Barn and it would be the perfect connector to expand Pixar Place to CarsLAnd and change the HISTK area to Bug's Life.

Yeah, I've long thought that. Pizza Planet is a great idea for a restaurant in Pixar Place (hopefully more cosely resembling the one in the movie) and putting it where Studio Catering Co is as part of a Pixar Place expansion would be a no brainer IMHO.

Then the current Pizza Planet could be rethemed to something with the Muppets, like a Swedish Chef restaurant.

articos

So asking which of these projects (including DAK) start and or finish first probably wont come from you right? Lol

Well, technically, Avatar has already started. As far as which will finish first, that's a complete toss-up at the moment. If the company throws money at a major project, they could have it done in 12-24 months. Or they could do it in phases. Or they could follow SOP and drag it out. Too early to gauge at the moment.

Ignohippo

Ironically, even ignoring the Muppets, the SOA area does have an attraction -- it's just that the Premiere Theater sits unused most of the time. It would be nice if they put a permanent show there (personally, I think putting a PatF how there would be perfect given as the movie is set in America and you could possible add some New Orleans theming to the area and/or convert Mama Melrose to a Cajan/Creole theme restaurant to go along with it).

Unfortunately, I think most people identify Streets Of America with New York Street.

The area around the perimeter is fine (Muppets, Pizza Planet, Mama Melrose, Premiere Theater, Phineas & Ferb) but New York Street (while beautiful) is severely lacking.

They need to find a way to add life to New York Street.

tissandtully

As a fan of the website, Hypable, I came across this article today...

http://www.hypable.com/2013/06/14/star-wars-theme-park-cars-land-hollywood-studios/

It talks about DHS removing the Muppet and Honey I Shrunk shows in order to build a Star Wars "land." This was "confirmed" by Theme Park Insider.

Thoughts? Is this real? It makes sense to me. It is also a fantastic way to combat the Wizarding World...

A quick scan of the board would have shown you this was brought up yesterday. :)

NoChesterHester

Rebel Force radio is a very respected Star Wars fan podcast. The hosts are extremely well connected all the way up to the top of Lucasfilm.

They are reporting similar news, but not the same as Theme Park Insider. According to RFR the presence will be expanded into the Cast Member Parking lot behind the current Indiana Jones Stunt Show. Which does make geographic sense. Their source also stated that Pixar will take over the back portion of the park eliminating the “dead areas behind Muppets.”

They were not able to share specifics other than “the presence will be expanded into new land.”

GLaDOS

I'm VERY happy right now! We are having Star Wars Land and Cars Land!!!!! THIS IS AMAZING! :p

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Now this article we be repeated by another site and part about Star Wars being a land in DHS will be dropped and will we now have a story about Disney building a Star Wars 5th gate.

I hear they're retheming the entire resort to Star Wars.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Rebel Force radio is a very respected Star Wars fan podcast. The hosts are extremely well connected all the way up to the top of Lucasfilm.

They are reporting similar news, but not the same as Theme Park Insider. According to RFR the presence will be expanded into the Cast Member Parking lot behind the current Indiana Jones Stunt Show. Which does make geographic sense. Their source also stated that Pixar will take over the back portion of the park eliminating the “dead areas behind Muppets.”

They were not able to share specifics other than “the presence will be expanded into new land.”

Have they made any comments on this rumor yet? Remember they are not directly connected to the TheForce.net anymore.

aladdin2007

If they do either stars or cars project, it would probably mean how many years of construction? Its taking like 3-5 just to do the mine train, it feels like anyway.

Turtle

The Pink Panther is a dead franchise too. ;) And considering the last few films and cartoon versions, it's better off dead. And there's no chance it'll ever be an attraction at WDW...thank god.

If you're referring to Oswald, he's an actual Disney creation, not an wrong-headed acquisition, and given his pedigree, he's much more relevant to Disney and WDW than the Muppets ever will be. Look, I understand the nostalgia, but IMO the Muppet attraction is as dated as the Jungle Cruise and needs to go. It's not pulling in the tourists, the merch doesn't sell well (which is why the dedicated Muppet store sells mostly Mickey stuff now), so if it's slated for replacement for something new, then good. JMHO.
Disney bought Oswald in 2006.

BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT

NoChesterHester

Have they made any comments on this rumor yet? Remember they are not directly connected to the TheForce.net anymore.

Yes, that is what I posted. A synopsis of their latest comments on the rumor. Supposedly, they had "confirmed" the rumor with their own sources.

They have better connections than the guys at TFN.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom