Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I don’t mind that people don’t like it. I just wish that a select few who everybody knows hates the land would give it a rest until the majority of us can actually go. “We get it, Felicia, now shut up!”

Don’t mistake impatience toward a broken record for hatred of the song being sung. Or the singer.
I thought all Star Wars fans hated Star Wars.

If only you were as sophisticated and cultured as us Trekies.🖖

matt9112

Said this before but it reminds me of Harambe (on a larger scale obviously), which is a lovely little land but has the same “well worn” aesthetic. The key difference there is the uplifting African music, the smiles on the CM faces, great entertainers dancing and singing, a Lion King show, etc. Now imagine taking that all out and replacing it with only the noise of bombs blasting in the background, cast members trained to scare you about an incoming warlord, etc. It totally changes the experience.

At least harambe has live music.

ToTBellHop

At least harambe has live music.
Imagine if they kept, “Big Red is dead.”

ToTBellHop

Not to jump the rails but it really irks me when they water stuff down for sensitivity or laziness etc. It happens often. Like some magic fairy is going to bring us all this atmosphere when ROTR opens....i hope the fairy has stock options...that will get things done.
The fairy will bring us a kicka$$ ride but only Cheapek could allow the streetmosphere, droids, and TSR to come.

CinematicFusion

5ECBC562-338C-4B6A-B4FB-A7EE2C7AC95E.png

In respect to Galaxy’s Edge, was Hamill correct? Did not creating a meaningful scene/moment with the original cast in the new trilogy potentially hurt the park?

Had the cast been in a meaningful action moment, it would have been possible to create a ride with all the main characters (OT and NT) working together. It would have been possible to have an older Solo in the Falcon ride. He could have been off site but would have been one of the ones screaming, “what did you do to my ship” at the end if you crashed it.

All speculation, ROTR isn’t open yet.... who knows, maybe they are there in the ride?

Last edited:

Bocabear

Did anyone complain when this opened with practically none of the characters from the movies? No Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando, or Vader present here.View attachment 397664
When Star Tours first opened, nothing had to be so literal...now everything has to be absolutely literal...If it is Star Wars, it MUST have every movie character... people cannot imagine anything anymore.

Movielover

When Star Tours first opened, nothing had to be so literal...now everything has to be absolutely literal...If it is Star Wars, it MUST have every movie character... people cannot imagine anything anymore.

Can you imagine the outcry if Star Tours opened today...

"Why is there a third Death Star?!?!? That's not what it's suppose to look like!!!! Why are we being flown by a robot we have never seen before in any of the movies???? Rex is too funny, I can't take my space fantasy set in a western style setting meant for all ages of the family super seriously if pilots are cracking jokes and being entertaining!!!" ;)

CinematicFusion

Not sure I buy into that but maybe, for many it was fun to put Jack Sparrow into the pirates ride.
Seeing Hagrid at universal is cool for many.
Maybe it’s the fans of these characters getting the ability to have one last new adventure with the cast/characters they love.

Fans of Mickey seem to be excited for his new train ride.

Always two sides to a coin.

The_Jobu

Can you imagine the outcry if Star Tours opened today...

"Why is there a third Death Star?!?!? That's not what it's suppose to look like!!!! Why are we being flown by a robot we have never seen before in any of the movies???? Rex is too funny, I can't take my space fantasy set in a western style setting meant for all ages of the family super seriously if pilots are cracking jokes and being entertaining!!!" ;)

It's ok, I'm sure it would be balanced by "This is the most immersive ride EVAR, 11/10 Disney's done it again!! Their stock went up 2 points last night so it must be working!! The line up was almost at an HOUR, could barely walk in the gift shop!! Rex is the best Star Wars droid ever, anyone who says otherwise is a raging robophobe!!! C3P0 is in the safety video and I saw a ewok, what more do you want!?!? My kids only watch the holiday special and they love wookies, this is for a new generation, why you hating!?!? In 20 years they'll add the main characters so there's nothing to complain about it is absolutely perfect in every way." ;)

The_Jobu

View attachment 397655

In respect to Galaxy’s Edge, was Hamill correct? Did not creating a meaningful scene/moment with the original cast in the new trilogy potentially hurt the park?

Had the cast been in a meaningful action moment, it would have been possible to create a ride with all the main characters (OT and NT) working together. It would have been possible to have an older Solo in the Falcon ride. He could have been off site but would have been one of the ones screaming, “what did you do to my ship” at the end if you crashed it.

All speculation, ROTR isn’t open yet.... who knows, maybe they are there in the ride?

Love that picture. Just sneak Chewie in the back, heh.

EDIT: Catching up on this thread, seems everything went to pot at night. Everyone hold hands with your neighbour to restore the peace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom