Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Incomudro

They look like average, ordinary, every day cast members to me. Looks like they purposefully got real cast members as opposed to actors/models. They don't look miserable, they look like regular people.

That's why it looks odd to us.
We're used to movie actors in movie lighting dressed in attire like this.
Her we have a mix of average looking people in unflattering lighting.

Darth Snips

OK, another long research post incoming. . .

So, what's the latest status of the table-service restaurant? You know, the planet's "finest dinner club"? Disney hasn't mentioned it in almost 3 years. As far as I can tell this video is the last time it was brought up:

Even @marni1971 seemed a little confused by it:
I did some digging regarding the Cantina. It will be two separate areas; an accessible "Cantina" plus a TSR in the same building but the TSR is separate to the "Cantina”. These are both separate to the QSR. If "Cantina" will be more show than eaterie I don’t know.

And this might just be me, but I don't see how that building could hold a cantina with confirmed indoor seating and an entire TSR.

Therefore, based on the long-term silence from Disney, the seeming lack of space, and the fact that our most trusted insider seemed uncertain of its status, I'm assuming the "upscale dinner club" was cancelled and is no longer part of the project.

So, am I on the right track? Or is my assumption totally wrong?

Timothy_Q

Therefore, based on the long-term silence from Disney, the seeming lack of space, and the fact that our most trusted insider seemed uncertain of its status, I'm assuming the "upscale dinner club" was cancelled and is no longer part of the project.

So, am I on the right track? Or is my assumption totally wrong?
It's especially weird the square-shaped empty space behind that building

It looks like they removed a building completely, or they left it ready for something specific to be built there in the future

tallica

:eek: How could they possibly have cut something already?!
It may have been cut or delayed for a later date. Either way can you imagine the exponential problems a TSR would cause operations in a land that is going to be logistical nightmare for foreseeable future. If it is still on the table probably a good call to open it after they get a handle on the rest of the day to day operations.

Fsunolekrw

:eek: How could they possibly have cut something already?!
It may have been cut or delayed for a later date. Either way can you imagine the exponential problems a TSR would cause operations in a land that is going to be logistical nightmare for foreseeable future. If it is still on the table probably a good call to open it after they get a handle on the rest of the day to day operations.
So it looks like all we're getting is that QSR, podracer engine place and the bar? Or is the bar part of the QSR?

Looks like it can be deduced that the TSR was either cut or pushed to a “Phase II” which means it probably has a 95% chance of not happening if past track records are taken into account.

As mentioned the logistics behind getting it up and running at the same time as the rest of a new land or as also mentioned how do you get people to eventually leave a land at some point in the day to make room for other guests (have them have to go somewhere else in the park to eat) probably came into play with the justification that a land where “The smugglers, the bounty hunters, the rogue adventurers looking to crew up, the people who don't want to be found,” would not be looking for an “upscale dinner club” in the first place.

Just my thoughts. The question still remains though are the QSR pod racer engine grill and cantina 2 separate facilities or are they attached/part of the same establishment?

rle4lunch

Looks like it can be deduced that the TSR was either cut or pushed to a “Phase II” which means it probably has a 95% chance of not happening if past track records are taken into account.

As mentioned the logistics behind getting it up and running at the same time as the rest of a new land or as also mentioned how do you get people to eventually leave a land at some point in the day to make room for other guests (have them have to go somewhere else in the park to eat) probably came into play with the justification that a land where “The smugglers, the bounty hunters, the rogue adventurers looking to crew up, the people who don't want to be found,” would not be looking for an “upscale dinner club” in the first place.

Just my thoughts. The question still remains though are the QSR pod racer engine grill and cantina 2 separate facilities or are they attached/part of the same establishment?

Or maybe they realized that having a bunch of people waiting and congregating for their ADRs would probably break some sort of fire code(s) for egressing out of the area?

Tavernacle12

It seems weird they’d cut the TSR entirely considering it’d be booked solid for years. They should at least build the exterior so they can do construction inside without breaking the immersion later on when it’s safe to open again.

I’m really curious how this all goes. Part of me hopes it’s madness, forcing them to quickly expand MGM elsewhere or fast track a phase 2 to keep up with it. Light a fire under them. Part of me is afraid all the cool non-ride stuff will be broken in a week and will never get repaired.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom