Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

TP2000

So how likely do we think it is the opening date announcement will come at the D23 Expo in August during a Parks and Resorts panel then?

By late August 2019 the Disneyland version of Star Wars Land will have been open for at least two months, maybe three months, right across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center and D23 Expo. I'm sure by then Disney Parks Blog will have announced the opening date for the WDW version.

I would expect the WDW opening date to be released in May or June of 2019 at the latest, as part of the global media onslaught of coverage for the opening of Disneyland's Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge that same spring.

Marc Davis Fan

I'm particularly interested to find out how long the gap will be between the opening date of Runaway Railway and the opening date of DHS's Galaxy's Edge. Perhaps a month or two? (E.g., late-September for MMRR, and late-November for SWGE?) I assume MMRR's opening date will be selected to mitigate the anticipated pre-SWGE drop in DHS attendance?

I remember reading somewhere recently that they have increased construction work on SW:GE to 24 hours a day now I believe that is for areas on both coasts to get them completed on time.

Would the interior photos of the Falcon Ride actually be from the parks themselves or a test lab somewhere inside Disney Imagineering?

MagicJack78

Seems like there has been a lot of clarity and information as to what we can expect with the Millenium Falcon ride lately.
Perhaps, I missed it in this 731 page monster of a post so I apologize, but is there any further detail as to what we can expect with "Escape"? Also, which ride will be the premier E for this land?
Thanks

RSoxNo1

Seems like there has been a lot of clarity and information as to what we can expect with the Millenium Falcon ride lately.
Perhaps, I missed it in this 731 page monster of a post so I apologize, but is there any further detail as to what we can expect with "Escape"? Also, which ride will be the premier E for this land?
Thanks
Expectation is that both will be E's, but Escape will be the better attraction.

Escape appears to be a larger scale Spider-Man with dimensional sets and screens, potentially with a shooting component as well. @marni1971 could probably elaborate.

eddie104

Expectation is that both will be E's, but Escape will be the better attraction.

Escape appears to be a larger scale Spider-Man with dimensional sets and screens, potentially with a shooting component as well. @marni1971 could probably elaborate.
The funny thing is that some people were saying they didn’t really care about the Falcon ride but recently it seems to be the most anticipated. Battle Escape has pretty much fell to the wayside with the interest shifted to how the MF is going to work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom