Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

180º

So the Solo Blu Ray (Target exclusive) mentions once again 6 guests per cockpit 7 cockpits in total. Our understanding is that's 7 cockpits per centrifuge and there are 4 centrifuges. Typically simulators are in the 4-4.5 minute range so I could see them having 5 cockpits "riding" and two in load/unload. I'd like to hear @marni1971 or someone else explain what happens if someone holds up load/unload, does the ride time naturally get longer for those in other cockpits on the same centrifuge?
“Carousel” is probably more like it. I know you know what you’re talking about, but some people may get confused with the centrifuge word and think it’ll be like Mission: Space. :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So the Solo Blu Ray (Target exclusive) mentions once again 6 guests per cockpit 7 cockpits in total. Our understanding is that's 7 cockpits per centrifuge and there are 4 centrifuges. Typically simulators are in the 4-4.5 minute range so I could see them having 5 cockpits "riding" and two in load/unload. I'd like to hear @marni1971 or someone else explain what happens if someone holds up load/unload, does the ride time naturally get longer for those in other cockpits on the same centrifuge?
180 is right - more carousel or turntable and less centrifuge.

As I understand it there will be "filler" time that can be generated in the pods as needed during a hold up. Many attractions have this, obviously not to this scale, and if all goes as planned you’ll never see or hear it.

Think of it as the FoP preshows extending if the show chamber isn’t ready.

Imagineer777

Some new photos from the Bonus Feature:

Pictures of the cockpit before/during lightspeed, a Mechanic's navicomputer, and a panel with a Resistance/Rebel Alliance/New Republic insignia. I also thought the score of "7200" and the little wrench icon on the Mechanic navicomputer were interesting...
FalconCockpitGE1.jpg
FalconCockpitHyperspaceGE.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 1.41.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 1.41.42 AM.png

MickeyMinnieMom

Apparently these are images of the Falcon Ride interior from the Solo Blu-Ray Feature.

Pictures of the cockpit before/during lightspeed, a Mechanic's navicomputer, and a panel with a Resistance/Rebel Alliance/New Republic insignia. I also thought the score of "7200" and the little wrench icon on the Mechanic navicomputer were interesting...
Love these pics — thanks for posting!!

britain

View attachment 316799View attachment 316802View attachment 316800View attachment 316801

A very cool aspect to this attraction: Inventing new UI gaming graphics that still look like 70's sci-fi.

One quibble, don't they move the 'gear shift' forward when jumping to hyperspace in the movies? Not down like in that video example?

michmousefan

A very cool aspect to this attraction: Inventing new UI gaming graphics that still look like 70's sci-fi.

One quibble, don't they move the 'gear shift' forward when jumping to hyperspace in the movies? Not down like in that video example?
Hmmm... I think you might be mixing up your spaceships. I believe the Enterprise helm control involves moving the "shifter" or "accelerator" forward. I think the Falcon is either pull down or back.
trekwarp.jpg

SpoiledBlueMilk

Love these pics — thanks for posting!!

View attachment 316799View attachment 316802View attachment 316800View attachment 316801

I actually don't think that's score of 7,200 - I believe, upon closer inspection that it's actually the symbol for the Galactic Credit. If so, it adds an interesting implication for the ride. Do you earn virtual currency on the ride that could then be spent in the cantina/etc....?

Look closer before the 2 in the "score" area of that shot and then look at this...

unknown-png.316859

Attachments

• Unknown.png
    Unknown.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I wonder where the controls for the back seats are? If they are not right in front of you, you are going to be dividing your attention between the controls and the screen.

britain

I was thinking the same thing. The back seats are going to be staring at a wall of buttons to wait for one to light up so they can push it?

It's going to be great. You are going to be looking out the window until some noise calls your attention to some blinking lights. You push a few buttons, and that screen updates with your score. You're fine.

It's the gunners I'm wondering about. Are you going to be trying to aim at Tie Fighters out the window? Is there a little game-like display on the side telling you when the best time to shoot is?

drod1985

Tangentially related: According to the Hollywood Reporter Kathleen Kennedy's contract with Lucasfilm has been extended another 3 years, through 2021.

It's the gunners I'm wondering about. Are you going to be trying to aim at Tie Fighters out the window? Is there a little game-like display on the side telling you when the best time to shoot is?

I'd imagine they'll adapt some of the graphics from the MF's targeting computer as shown in the films, but update them so that the experience is better while the vibe is there. And of course you'll be in a stationary chair in the cockpit instead of the gunner position.

source.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom