Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Next Big Thing

Then again they could be new versions with a higher capacity so don't need emptying so often?? Who knows....
It's still not just that. Access to MMRR is accessed through that road and deliveries to many restaurants are made through that road (Commissary, Sci-fi and Baseline Tap House).

I'm going to assume that they'll work out a plan where they shouldn't need to go back there unless absolutely necessary, but if it's a really busy day (which the first few months absolutely will be) and some place like Commissary is extremely busy and they start running out of food, drinks, etc, a delivery is 100% necessary.

peter11435

That's a bad bet if you ask me and asking for operational issues. They're just too cheap to spend the money to build a bridge, which could easily be hidden by rockwork and trees. We could walk at grade while the road would use the bridge whenever they need to, which I assue you will be during park hours. They're putting a trash compactor back there for goodness sakes, those had to be emptied at least once per day during operating hours when I worked at MK.
It's still not just that. Access to MMRR is accessed through that road and deliveries to many restaurants are made through that road (Commissary, Sci-fi and Baseline Tap House).

I'm going to assume that they'll work out a plan where they shouldn't need to go back there unless absolutely necessary, but if it's a really busy day (which the first few months absolutely will be) and some place like Commissary is extremely busy and they start running out of food, drinks, etc, a delivery is 100% necessary.

I’m not saying a bridge wouldn’t have been better but this really is nothing new. The commissary, sci fi, and GMR have been surrounded by guests areas for years. This is essentially how it has always been for them. Backstage access to those locations has for decades required crossing guest areas.

There are dozens of shops, restaurants, and attractions across all of the Disney parks that have no backstage access without crossing guest areas. And there are trash compactors and dumpsters in other locations that can not be emptied during operating hours. You won’t see a garbage truck drive through Toy Story Land.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m not saying a bridge wouldn’t have been better but this really is nothing new. The commissary, sci fi, and GMR have been surroundered by guests areas for years. This is essentially how it has always been for them. Backstage access to those locations has for decades required crossing guest areas.

There are dozens of shops, restaurants, and attractions across all of the Disney parks that have no backstage access without crossing guest areas. And there are trash compactors and dumpsters in other locations that can not be emptied during operating hours. You won’t see a garbage truck drive through Toy Story Land.
Can’t disagree either.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You won’t see a garbage truck drive through Toy Story Land.

What if it looked like this?...

1533212854299.png

matt9112

This looks ABSOLUTELY incredible. HUGE!

Finally, Disney will match/beat Uni's Harry Potter areas. Whilst Pandora looks awesome, the fact this is Star Wars is incredibly exciting.

rather wait an hour at harry potter lands than 5 hours here....js. does look great....sea of people and strollers as far as the eye can see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom