Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The more I think about what Star Wars is going to do for tourism at Disney World as well as new guests coming to Disney for the first time, the more I realize they have to truly put their best foot forward. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for them to expand their theme park brand and try to create new repeat visitors for years and years to come. All the parks need to be in tip top shape.

Thinking about it though, so much will still be under construction which means they need to advertise the hell out of it all to make sure people know you better come back in the next couple years cause we have a LOT of stuff coming up!!

Ahem, like Uni's Harry Potter, also that same a once in a lifetime opportunity for them to expand their theme park brand and try to create new repeat visitors for years and years to come. I agree. Harry and Star Wars a better theme overall than Avatar for endurance over time.

HwdStudio

SWGE in the distance from my balcony C5F9C47C-1223-41F2-A92F-B83C431CFB74.jpeg1A39D4F4-A4C9-4DCF-A7AF-D2C73DBDE500.jpegthis morning.

JJJ

There's been a lot of discussion about the rides in Galaxy's Edge, but not a lot about the interactive elements of the land. I found two videos from around 2014-2015, the first before the Star Wars lands were announced, where Scott Trowbridge talks about what WDI's been working on in an attempt to enable guests to take a more active role in Disney's parks. They state similar things, but the first video is much more in depth. The relevant material starts around 25:35 in the first video. The whole second video is pretty cool. I can't wait to see what they do with things like Story Engine in Star Wars land!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There's been a lot of discussion about the rides in Galaxy's Edge, but not a lot about the interactive elements of the land. I found two videos from around 2014-2015, the first before the Star Wars lands were announced, where Scott Trowbridge talks about what WDI's been working on in an attempt to enable guests to take a more active role in Disney's parks. They state similar things, but the first video is much more in depth. The relevant material starts around 25:35 in the first video. The whole second video is pretty cool. I can't wait to see what they do with things like Story Engine in Star Wars land!

Thanks for posting those! I saw them a while ago and was trying to find them again to show that Disney has been working on LARPish things with direct application for SWL and the SW Resort.

PorterRedkey

]
Thanks for sharing these. I hadn't seen them for awhile and it really gets me excited for Galaxy's Edge.

I think some of this tech will be used for that land, but I am guessing that a boutique park with the StoryEngine tech, built in the next 15 years, is not out of the question.

matt9112

Thanks for sharing these. I hadn't seen them for awhile and it really gets me excited for Galaxy's Edge.

I think some of this tech will be used for that land, but I am guessing that a boutique park with the StoryEngine tech, built in the next 15 years, is not out of the question.

I agree and you used the right word boutique because the admission cost is going to have to be egregious.

Sped2424

Here’s my guess about how Disney will stagger SWGE openings to handle crowds; something like:

Stage 1: DL SWGE passholder previews

Stage 2: DL SWGE general public opening with passholder blockout, AND WDW SWGE passholder/DVC previews

Stage 3: WDW general public opening
Ya gotta add in paid events somewhere. Possibly in place of previews..

ToTBellHop

Just want to point out to everyone that you and @Sped2424 have warned the people ...

So in a year prepare for everyone being outraged when they do just this. I hope people remember these posts.
I’m shocked that people think they won’t.

How many upcharges have they introduced? And this land was approved as a guaranteed cash cow. They are building a freakin boutique hotel to complement it for people who think their Star Wars ride tour package didn’t require nearly enough money. Real fans drop $5000 on the Star Wars content.

Skibum1970

I’m shocked that people think they won’t.

How many upcharges have they introduced? And this land was approved as a guaranteed cash cow. They are building a freakin boutique hotel to complement it for people who think their Star Wars ride tour package didn’t require nearly enough money. Real fans drop $5000 on the Star Wars content.

Do you think that they'll monetize FP+ for this land or find a different way?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom