96E601C7-A059-4520-BD2F-6156C54E30BB.jpeg
5719F0B6-63A2-41BA-B917-32FF6AB1B772.jpeg
5DEB15F2-1629-40CA-A6BB-3044D1451ED9.jpeg

nickys

Premium Member

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Can someone tell me if that cartouche thing in 2nd and 3rd photos is from the canon and, if so, from where and how?

I like the Star Wars movies, but have not a clue if that is significant! (Ducks and hides face in embarrassment).

It's a rectilinear lapidarian version of L.A.'s seal found on the Figueroa Tunnel.

1524600019674.png

1524600237182.png

Kudos for "cartouche"!

TP2000

Can someone tell me if that cartouche thing in 2nd and 3rd photos is from the canon and, if so, from where and how?

I like the Star Wars movies, but have not a clue if that is significant! (Ducks and hides face in embarrassment).

EDIT: Sorry to bombard you as several of us all replied the same thing within moments of each other. But like @MisterPenguin I'd also like to commend you for using the word cartouche in a sentence.

It's a 1930's art deco version of the seal of the City of Los Angeles, found on each portal of the real Figueroa Tunnels on the Arroyo Seco from LA to Pasadena. It's WDI trying to make it look real. Although these tunnels are really nowhere near downtown LA as embodied in Grand Avenue.

n110c.jpg

MrPromey

No but there are rumors of an Indy ride at DHS or DAK that might use the same ride system.

This alone is nothing to get excited about. This is what they did with Indy from Disneyland when we got Countdown to Extinction/Dinosaur. If you've ridden both you know that a great ride system goes a long way towards making a great attraction but that there is a lot more to it.

Dinosaur isn't a bad ride but to say it's no Indy, is an understatement.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know the forest is protected right? so dumb question can you even grow plant one? like is that a thing?

Yes, while the existing forests are protected and the species is considered endangered; there are no restrictions on cultivating your own redwoods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sequoioideae
Introduced range
The two California redwood species, since the early 19th century, and the Chinese redwood species since 1948, have been cultivated horticulturally far beyond their native habitats. They are found in botanical gardens, public parks, and private landscapes in many similar climates worldwide. Plantings outside their native ranges particularly are found in California, the coastal Northwestern and Eastern United States, areas of China, Germany, the United Kingdom, Australia and near Rotorua New Zealand.[12] They are also used in educational projects recreating the look of the megaflora of the Pleistocene landscape.​

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes, while the existing forests are protected and the species is considered endangered; there are no restrictions on cultivating your own redwoods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sequoioideae
Introduced range
The two California redwood species, since the early 19th century, and the Chinese redwood species since 1948, have been cultivated horticulturally far beyond their native habitats. They are found in botanical gardens, public parks, and private landscapes in many similar climates worldwide. Plantings outside their native ranges particularly are found in California, the coastal Northwestern and Eastern United States, areas of China, Germany, the United Kingdom, Australia and near Rotorua New Zealand.[12] They are also used in educational projects recreating the look of the megaflora of the Pleistocene landscape.​
You can straight up buy them on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...targid=kwd-51678002326&ref=pd_sl_5vsy8mzytw_e

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

EricsBiscuit

This alone is nothing to get excited about. This is what they did with Indy from Disneyland when we got Countdown to Extinction/Dinosaur. If you've ridden both you know that a great ride system goes a long way towards making a great attraction but that there is a lot more to it.

Dinosaur isn't a bad ride but to say it's no Indy, is an understatement.
Oh I agree attractions should be built around story not ride systems.

djkidkaz

The more I think about what Star Wars is going to do for tourism at Disney World as well as new guests coming to Disney for the first time, the more I realize they have to truly put their best foot forward. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for them to expand their theme park brand and try to create new repeat visitors for years and years to come. All the parks need to be in tip top shape.

Thinking about it though, so much will still be under construction which means they need to advertise the hell out of it all to make sure people know you better come back in the next couple years cause we have a LOT of stuff coming up!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom