Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Bartattack

ArroyoSecoParkway.jpg

G00fyDad

I guess I am having trouble with the transition to Star Wars. I am not really sure what the "story" is going to be here. We go from an Art Deco 1930's to.... Star Wars? o_O

Slowjack

I guess I am having trouble with the transition to Star Wars. I am not really sure what the "story" is going to be here. We go from an Art Deco 1930's to.... Star Wars? o_O
I don't think we should consider this as the entrance to Star Wars Land, per se. It's just the theming on this side of the portal, so it matches the aesthetic of the place we're currently in. It's like how each side of "bridge" part of the Columbia Harbor House is themed to match what else you could see on that side, so it's Fantasyland on one side and Liberty Square on the other. Or how the wardrobe that takes you to Narnia just looks like a wardrobe.

britain

I don't think we should consider this as the entrance to Star Wars Land, per se. It's just the theming on this side of the portal, so it matches the aesthetic of the place we're currently in. It's like how each side of "bridge" part of the Columbia Harbor House is themed to match what else you could see on that side, so it's Fantasyland on one side and Liberty Square on the other. Or how the wardrobe that takes you to Narnia just looks like a wardrobe.

Yes, these are just transitional spaces, not really linked to each other story wise. Although, I do fancy a little bit of John Carter inspired the Disneyland Big Thunder caves that lead you to a galaxy far far away.

Steel City Magic

The WDI code name for Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission - BREAKOUT! at DCA was "Slammer". As in breaking out of the slammer, which is the whole plot of DCA's Guardians ride.

If the Epcot version of Guardians has a code name that starts with "S", then it seems likely that code name is also Slammer. And that may give us a clue that the Epcot version will be much like the DCA version.
S as in Superman...
It's a flying launch coaster...

TP2000

As inspiration here they could use the Arroyo Seco and its series of tunnels that lead from Pasadena into Los Angeles. The Arroyo Seco was America's first freeway, built just before World War II, made obsolete by all the real freeways that came after the war and made LA into the megalopolis it is today.

figueroa%2Btunnels.JPG

BD-Anaheim

Oh, I see we're already discussing the Arroyo Seco and its Figueroa tunnels.

But that's the idyllic circa 1948 version.

Since DHS's Grand Avenue represents "modern-day" Los Angeles, you would need to Imagineer it into the current day version with modern signage, gang graffiti, litter, etc., which is this.... :cool:

FigueroaStTunnels.jpg

Which, let's admit, would be pretty badass of Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom