Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

bclane

IMG_9305.PNG
Here's to our future hanging out in the cantina enjoying a glass of blue milk!

Walter Yensid

I may have missed this and could not find it in the Search, but what is the space to the side of the entrance (see image below, the space on the other side of the wall)? At first, I thought there would be one entrance, but it would be split to go two ways (I think someone said one is the Rebellions, one was First Order). But, looking at this photo and one from the other side, this section is completely walled off, at least I cannot see an opening anywhere.

Maybe I am missing it or missed the explanation, but any help is appreciated if someone knows.

Thanks.

upload_2017-8-26_21-33-27.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I may have missed this and could not find it in the Search, but what is the space to the side of the entrance (see image below, the space on the other side of the wall)? At first, I thought there would be one entrance, but it would be split to go two ways (I think someone said one is the Rebellions, one was First Order). But, looking at this photo and one from the other side, this section is completely walled off, at least I cannot see an opening anywhere.

Maybe I am missing it or missed the explanation, but any help is appreciated if someone knows.

Thanks.

View attachment 225412

I am guessing it will be backstage space. You can see a couple doors into that area...

upload_2017-8-26_21-47-26.png

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Thanks.

View attachment 225412

I am guessing it will be backstage space. You can see a couple doors into that area...

View attachment 225413

Here is a screenshot of the shot from the other side. Seems like no hole or open area to this space from the front, so was just wondering.

View attachment 225414

It will be a part of the Alcatraz queue.

Padraig

Bioreconstruct has new aerials

I know that's the Falcon, but for the life of me I can't make anything there. I can't even see the orientation. It's frustrating because these things usually jump out at me. Are the two circular areas the back of the ship?

Last edited:

Movielover

I now that's the Falcon, but for the life of me I can't make anything there. I can't even see the orientation. It's frustrating because these things usually jump out at me. Are the two circular areas the back of the ship?

Forgive me since I don't have access to my Photoshop at the moment but there will be 4 ride "platforms" when completed, each platform will hold a number of simulator pods that look like the cockpit to the falcon which you will be riding in. These pods will rotate slowly around the circle base to allow for continuous loading. In those latest pictures you can see 2 of those circular bases in the center, off to the right will be the other 2 which are just now begin to be formed. I hope this helps.

jhendrix

Forgive me since I don't have access to my Photoshop at the moment but there will be 4 ride "platforms" when completed, each platform will hold a number of simulator pods that look like the cockpit to the falcon which you will be riding in. These pods will rotate slowly around the circle base to allow for continuous loading. In those latest pictures you can see 2 of those circular bases in the center, off to the right will be the other 2 which are just now begin to be formed. I hope this helps.
So is the simulator like Mission Space?

Movielover

So is the simulator like Mission Space?

No, the ride platforms will turn very slowly in order to move the pods between the single load and unload point for each pod. Each pod will have a curved screen in front of it that moves with the pod. I hope the pic below conveys the idea, and if I'm getting a detail wrong please someone else step in.

upload_2017-8-28_8-40-29.png

Ugh paint sucks... :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom