Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Both parks seem to be hemmed in identically by major roadways. The "expansion pad" also seems to be identical in both parks; the triangle shaped area next to the Millennium Falcon ride that has two cheap pre-fab buildings thrown up on them in recent months. The only difference is the placement of those two buildings is slightly different at Disneyland.

These two buildings between Millennium Falcon and Toontown; the white building on the right, and the two-story building under construction. These were both roughly duplicated at DHS.

But they are cheap pre-fab buildings that could be used for 3 to 10 years before being torn down and replaced with an expansion attraction or offering of some kind.

The entrance road behind Star Wars Land at DHS should be going away.

SpoiledBlueMilk

This originates from a guy going by the name of Mike Zeroh who is notorious for spreading fake Star Wars film spoilers. Not saying he couldn't be right here, but his track record would indicate otherwise.

Zeroh is a bottom feeder. He steals from other sites, takes credit for leaks and just repackages existing news into YouTube videos. I would give his force tree rumor no weight at all. If Making Star Wars or Jedi News Network isn't the primary source these days for news like this, I doubt it exists.

IMG_2811.jpg

Does anyone know what's being built here in the red circle? It's hard to tell from all the photos. Is it supposed to be an entrance or is supposed to be a building blocking the tunnel?

Last edited:

FerretAfros

This photo of the D23 model showing DL's layout of this same area of the construction photo above, but the perspective is from the opposite side.

The caves I circled in blue sure seem like they are for part of a queue, either allowing separate standby and FP queues, or allowing a single standby queue to enter and exit the space, with the FP queue bypassing that area entirely. The only other reasonable guess would be restrooms, which seem unlikely so close to the huge PizzeRizzo restrooms in WDW and Hungry Bear facilities in DL
DSC_7834-X3.jpg

Presumably the red-topped walls will function as part of the underpass/tunnel in WDW, with additional walls on the opposite side of the path that transition into the cave structure

Spike-in-Berlin

What will happen with Star Tours when Star Wars Land opens? Will it be relocated into the new land because it's location is "offsite" to the new area and we will have three attractions in the new land, 1 old, 2 new? Or will it stay where it is? I definitely hope it won't be closed?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What will happen with Star Tours when Star Wars Land opens? Will it be relocated into the new land because it's location is "offsite" to the new area and we will have three attractions in the new land, 1 old, 2 new? Or will it stay where it is? I definitely hope it won't be closed?
It will stay where it is. Current thinking is it will eventually be re-themed.

Spike-in-Berlin

It will stay where it is. Current thinking is it will eventually be re-themed.

Thank you for the fast answer. Although IMHO I am not convinced by this solution, it makes not much sense to split Star Wars in to two different areas of the park, they build a vast entire new land and then they keep this small sub-area quite a few yards awayopen as well and between both are totally un-starwarish areas ? I consider this quite bad imagineering.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thank you for the fast answer. Although IMHO I am not convinced by this solution, it makes not much sense to split Star Wars in to two different areas of the park, they build a vast entire new land and then they keep this small sub-area quite a few yards awayopen as well and between both are totally un-starwarish areas ? I consider this quite bad imagineering.
This is what happens when you build an addition. You sometimes have to make compromises.

I believe @marni1971 had mentioned that there will be a transition between the land and the attraction so it will not seem quite so out of place, but I have no real idea of what that transition is, if it is still being done or if was just blue sky.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

This is why Star Tours is likely to be re-themed sometime after the opening of Star Wars Land.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is what happens when you build an addition. You sometimes have to make compromises.

I believe @marni1971 had mentioned that there will be a transition between the land and the attraction so it will not seem quite so out of place, but I have no real idea of what that transition is, if it is still being done or if was just blue sky.
Transition from Star Tours to SWL? Not in a SW sense. Just the connector corridor or grand avenue or what you want to call it.

The one with the outdoor pub.

sedati

There's a pretty exhaustive flyover from last week here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1315&v=n9FuIMDbwUs
In it I found a pretty good angle from which to overlay the latest Disneyland aerial and came up with this rough approximation:
overlay.png

The smallest annex building on the right seems to hit against the Muppet building, but I think if they place this into the area The Sorcerer's Apprentice mentioned above, it would fit very well. The larger annex I believe is the hanger where Poe's X-Wing and the Blue Shuttle will be.

alias8703

Here is a good recent picture from Bioreconstruct for comparison.
View attachment 219743

Disneyland didn't leave themselves much room for expansion, huh...

You know what's interesting to me, in all the posts and threads (unless I just completely missed it) I haven't seen anyone talk about how DHS Version of Battle Escape does not have the large concrete building next to it for te queue like Disneyland has. There is simply no room it seems, the muppets are right next door! Anyone know what Orlandos plan is to make up for that?

EDIT: I was catching up on the last couple pages and of course it was brought up now! Anyone know anymore? Marni?

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I think that Martin made the point that the new land already will have a simulator ride. There is no need for a second one. They are planning on phasing the original one out giving everyone time to say their goodbyes, but, there is such a thing as over doing one theme in a single park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom