Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You know what's interesting to me, in all the posts and threads (unless I just completely missed it) I haven't seen anyone talk about how DHS Version of Battle Escape does not have the large concrete building next to it for te queue like Disneyland has. There is simply no room it seems, the muppets are right next door! Anyone know what Orlandos plan is to make up for that?

EDIT: I was catching up on the last couple pages and of course it was brought up now! Anyone know anymore? Marni?
The majority of the queue will be inside the show building on both coasts.

I believe the DHS standby spill area will be partly within the berm between SWL and Grand Avenue.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The majority of the queue will be inside the show building on both coasts.

I believe the DHS standby spill area will be partly within the berm between SWL and Grand Avenue.

So is that extra building at DL part of the queue, or is it just something extra that DHS won't have?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So is that extra building at DL part of the queue, or is it just something extra that DHS won't have?
If you mean the image in post 10881, both versions will have the small addition on the right that has a roof on it. I believe the un roofed Square on the extreme right in DL will be directly above the roofed addition at DHS and under the berm.

Jones14

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but will Fastpass miss any of the pre-shows, or will they merge before the first (only?) one?

sedati

In the back of the first annex you can see many openings which lead me to believe there will be a significant line area behind it. I don't see any foundations, so it could be a basic outdoor switchback. Both the California and Florida lands have a good chunk of land behind this building. Here's a photo from Westcoaster showing what I'm talking about:
DLR-17_0725-A-SWL-0007.jpg

180º

In the back of the first annex you can see many openings which lead me to believe there will be a significant line area behind it. I don't see any foundations, so it could be a basic outdoor switchback. Both the California and Florida lands have a good chunk of land behind this building. Here's a photo from Westcoaster showing what I'm talking about:View attachment 220455
Maybe, but I predict they're just emergency exits from the queue to backstage.

sedati

Maybe, but I predict they're just emergency exits from the queue to backstage.
There are six in the photo I showed, and possibly more when the other forms come down. Many openings right next to each other make me think of how lines are often split- Standby, Fastpass, Single, Gungan, etc. We'll all find out eventually.

sedati

I was to lazy to find the original source of the picture.
I had found that photo linked over at the themeparkx forum and posted it on this site's Disneyland forum last Sunday. This project is unique in that we have two construction threads for what is basically the same project, and yet not. I hadn't thought to post it on both, but it eventually made it far and wide. The person who posted it on TPX was anonymous, so I just passed along his link to the instagrammer who actually took it:
www.instagram.com/p/BW5ms7JAnH7/

Spike-in-Berlin

I think that Martin made the point that the new land already will have a simulator ride. There is no need for a second one. They are planning on phasing the original one out giving everyone time to say their goodbyes, but, there is such a thing as over doing one theme in a single park.

If they really close Star Tours after the opening of SWL this would mean that the entire expansion adds exactly ONE attraction to the roster of the park (two added, one removed). That is truly a "substantial" expansion, at least for present TDO (and WDI?) standards obviously.*sarcasmoff*

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If they really close Star Tours after the opening of SWL this would mean that the entire expansion adds exactly ONE attraction to the roster of the park (two added, one removed). That is truly a "substantial" expansion, at least for present TDO (and WDI?) standards obviously.*sarcasmoff*
If it closes, it will just be for the short length of time it would take to reskin it.

Personally, I do not think that will happen for quite some time. While old timers like us will hate the theming problem, the other 99% of the people coming through the gates will not care even a little. DHS is going to be so swamped with people after SWL opens that they are going to need every attraction the have.

Spike-in-Berlin

If it closes, it will just be for the short length of time it would take to reskin it.

Personally, I do not think that will happen for quite some time. While old timers like us will hate the theming problem, the other 99% of the people coming through the gates will not care even a little. DHS is going to be so swamped with people after SWL opens that they are going to need every attraction the have.

Especially every Star Wars attraction, I don't think that they will consider redundancy after the opening of SWL such a large problem that they close a former headliner attraction that will still attract a lot of guests.

Goofyernmost

We tend to forget about the Land itself as an attraction. Granted we cannot ride it but it appears that real fans of Star Wars will be spending many happy hours in the area exploring the detail. That is much more of a people eater then a 3 minute simulator ride. Also don't forget the other stuff like Jedi Training, etc. If we are going to count... let's at least count everything. There has also been a lot of discussion on the fact that it may no longer be themed to Star Wars, but, will remain some differently themed attraction therefore maintaining its status not subtracting. So it's Add two... subtract Zero when just narrowly looked at. We also have to figure that it is replacing two other lightly attended attractions, so still a net gain.

I spent a couple of hours in the Potter areas in Universal and didn't ride a single ride in that area other then the train. I physically was there, on my feet and not standing in some queue line elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom