Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Cars and Hogsmeade (Orlando) have 3 though. Depending on what they do with the Dragon Challenge replacement that could end up as 4.

Hogsmeade has 4 if you count thinly rethemed coasters. ;)

Diagon Alley has 2 if you count a slow moving screen as a ride. ;) ;)

And not making any point here, but since we're on the subject, how many rides are planned for Nintendo Land?

Kman101

Toy Story Land will have 3 attractions ;) one just has been there for the last 9 years. (Not excusing the fact that I don't think much of Mania and that the land is a poor use of space and could use a few more flat rides). But the new thing seems to be lands with two attractions, a restaurant and a shop. Thankfully Cars Land opened with three attractions, a headliner and two flat rides. If it had opened in DHS instead we probably would have only had two rides.

Mike S

And not making any point here, but since we're on the subject, how many rides are planned for Nintendo Land?
3 that I've read about.

Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Mine Coaster, and a Yoshi dark ride.

Dragon Challenge is counted as one and yes the Hogwarts Express would be another. The potential "4" comes from if the Forbidden Forest replacement has two rides or only one.

Continuing your stupid rambling though I guess Flight of Passage would count even less since the screen is static and only you move while on HE both you and the screens move between the parks. The key to good sarcasm is to not come off as an idiot ;)

Last edited:

Winter

Not really sure how much is confirmed for it (Searched it up and can't find anything except confirmation that it's happening), but going by the concept art, it looks like there's a Bowsers Castle ride. I don't think that concept art shows everything though.

S 2

DBfKAQ3W0AEii_v.jpg

Credit: Bioreconstruct @bioreconstruct (Twitter)
Is that patch across World Drive (where the dirt is going) gonna be the new hotel?

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
That could be for the Gondola station, not heard that they have green lit the SW themed hotel yet (if it even happens)

po1998

A question for those in the know...If SWL is as big of a hit as most think it will be, will there be any way to expand the land to the South or Southeast of the existing land(where the current DHS entrance drive is)? I am not sure if theming of the current land will preclude an expansion in that direction.

MrHappy

Station is at the current DHS front gate.
Current? I assume you're referring to the front gate as the area with the bag check and ticketing, right? Was there a reason you specifically said "current" front gate? I didn't read where the front gate would change locations.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Current? I assume you're referring to the front gate as the area with the bag check and ticketing, right? Was there a reason you specifically said "current" front gate? I didn't read where the front gate would change locations.
It's not. I was just trying to be specific lest people got confused.

raymusiccity

But what happens when Disney/Universal have no space left to expand within the land? Universal is rumored to trash the Dueling Dragons at some point to expand, but in Disney's case with Star Wars, it appears as if SWL will be somewhat short on future expansion pads (save for Muppets, but that's staying for the near future). This got me thinking... If Disney/Universal come to this point, when will they start building, dare I say it, up?

New York City ran out of land to expand, so skyscrapers became the norm. In a few certain cases (looking at you, Dubai!) artificial, manmade islands have been created. I realize that Disney has plenty of land in Orlando, but when you look at the area immediately surrounding SWL, future expansion seems thin on the ground. Would they ever consider building large, themed facades/buildings that immerse the guest yet also serve a a purpose for entertainment? Maybe they already do this, but I can't think of a great example at the moment.

For example, let's say you have a roller coaster like RnR with a launched piece of track. Wouldn't it be feasible to suggest that by reworking parts of the existing structure, Disney could have guests walk up a path, over (or under, I guess) the launch portion of RnR and into a new themed land, all without ever noticing that you just walked through an existing attraction? Sorry if I'm confusing.
A bit confusing, but, layers of access between rides already exist. Similar to POC water drop under the railroad tracks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom