Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Goofyernmost

Enjoy it while is lasts. Vertical construction always seems to go quick, but it will rapidly reach a point where, in spite of people working as hard as they can, the progress apparent to us will grind to a halt.
Absolutely correct. Structural steel is fasted part of any build especially in a theme park.

phi2134

Not sure how accurate this video is, but sounds interesting even if its not the ride system for Star Wars Land...

I'm pretty sure other people here have stated it's a trackless vehicle which kind of debunks a lot of the video. But it still might have some elements of this design. And I will never watch another video of this guy, sounds like he is screaming the whole time and was pretty annoying.

Last edited:

Goob

I'm pretty sure other people here have stated it's a trackless vehicle which kind of debunks a lot of the video. But it still might have some elements of this design. And I will never watch another video of this guy, sounds like he is screaming the whole time and was pretty annoying.
Then stay away from Fresh Baked on YouTube. I'll admit that I watch Fresh Baked sometimes, but you know what they say about car wrecks. Very cringey characters on there. Except for Ian.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Then stay away from Fresh Baked on YouTube. I'll admit that I watch Fresh Baked sometimes, but you know what they say about car wrecks. Very cringey characters on there. Except for Ian.

I think it's funny that he says "I knew instantly this was battle ride" but then in almost the same breath talks about how he gives things funny names because he has no idea what they are.

phi2134

Not a fan of youtube channels at all, just a lot of people who are trying to get rich off their "knowledge and identity". Plus when you see some of these people who are doing them on Disney, they have the camera pointed at themselves the whole time instead of anything around them

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Disney vloggers and Fresh Baked in particular have always annoyed me. There's a growing culture though of people like them who all somehow feel like its their "job" (one they should be getting paid for) to go to Disney for you and report back on the experience. Fresh Baked actually has a Patreon page where you can literally pay them to do just that. What a crazy world we live in.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Disney vloggers and Fresh Baked in particular have always annoyed me. There's a growing culture though of people like them who all somehow feel like its their "job" (one they should be getting paid for) to go to Disney for you and report back on the experience. Fresh Baked actually has a Patreon page where you can literally pay them to do just that. What a crazy world we live in.
It is no different than any other form of entertainment. People start acting, playing a sport, playing an instrument, drawing, etc typically because they love to do it, but the ultimate goal is to make a living doing what you love.

People love to watch videos about Disney and quite a few seem to be willing to pay to do so.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

It is no different than any other form of entertainment. People start acting, playing a sport, playing an instrument, drawing, etc typically because they love to do it, but the ultimate goal is to make a living doing what you love.

People love to watch videos about Disney and quite a few seem to be willing to pay to do so.
Acting, sports, music, etc I understand...but they literally just walk around Disneyland and talk about it. To me there's a disconnect. It's like people who make Instagrams for their dogs. Why? Because they can and the "viral" obsessed society we live in encourages them with hopes of getting rich doing it.

I admit I love watching videos about Disney too (particularly ShesInLosAngeles) but it gets annoying with the shaky cam and constant filming of your friends instead of your subject. And I personally could do without the wannabe insider information that just makes people think they're more connected than they really are.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Acting, sports, music, etc I understand...but they literally just walk around Disneyland and talk about it. To me there's a disconnect. It's like people who make Instagrams for their dogs. Why? Because they can and the "viral" obsessed society we live in encourages them with hopes of getting rich doing it.

I admit I love watching videos about Disney too (particularly ShesInLosAngeles) but it gets annoying with the shaky cam and constant filming of your friends instead of your subject. And I personally could do without the wannabe insider information that just makes people think they're more connected than they really are.
Never underestimate what people are willing to pay for.

This guy makes makes roughly $12 million a year yelling at video games on YouTube.

felix_750x400_acf_cropped_750x400_acf_cropped.jpg

The company Rooster Teeth is worth about 25 million and employs roughly 250 people and they pretty much just make various videos for YouTube. They got their start making the show Red vs Blue in a spare bedroom.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

This guy makes makes roughly $12 million a year yelling at video games on YouTube.

The company Rooster Teeth is worth about 25 million and employs roughly 250 people and they pretty much just make various videos for YouTube. They got their start making the show Red vs Blue in a spare bedroom.
The fact that that guy makes that kind of money is what's wrong with society :banghead::banghead::banghead:

To each their own I suppose. I have favorite YouTubers. But to me they just put out more quality stuff than FB does.

Rutt

I love watching the YouTube videos, especially when I can't be there myself. I agree that the whole 'look at me' videos annoy the crap out of me but some are legit very good at what they do.

Not to toot their horn, but @marni1971 makes some incredible Epcot videos that I tend to gravitate to in times of need. It's like the History channel, but without the crap.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The fact that that guy makes that kind of money is what's wrong with society :banghead::banghead::banghead:

To each their own I suppose. I have favorite YouTubers. But to me they just put out more quality stuff than FB does.
Exactly.

I would rather go to the dentist than watch a basketball game, yet I know people that will think nothing of dropping 4 digits on court side seats.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I know someone who works for Rooster Teeth. Don't hate. :p

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I love watching the YouTube videos, especially when I can't be there myself. I agree that the whole 'look at me' videos annoy the crap out of me but some are legit very good at what they do.

Not to toot their horn, but @marni1971 makes some incredible Epcot videos that I tend to gravitate to in times of need. It's like the History channel, but without the crap.
Martin's videos are the epitome of awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom