Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

doctornick

I really hope they don't close Star Tours. I know it's an awkward spot, with Muppet Courtyard right inbetween the two Star Wars themed areas, but I'd like to be able to ride the updated version at least once before they do.

I don't care if ST is not located in the larger Star Wars Experience area -- since it's a different timeframe and setting anyway, it can operate independently. I'd personally like to see them keep Star Tours around indefinitely and just create a separate mini-land around it themed to a different planet. It would be unfortunate to lose it as a ride given how well executed it is (the random scenes allow for great re-rideability) and because it functions as a good "greatest hits" experience for the large Star Wars universe.

Mike S

I don't care if ST is not located in the larger Star Wars Experience area -- since it's a different timeframe and setting anyway, it can operate independently. I'd personally like to see them keep Star Tours around indefinitely and just create a separate mini-land around it themed to a different planet. It would be unfortunate to lose it as a ride given how well executed it is (the random scenes allow for great re-rideability) and because it functions as a good "greatest hits" experience for the large Star Wars universe.
Have they even made it random again yet or does it still always show the Episode VII scenes? I missed it my last trip.

Princess Leia

I doubt it will happen, but it would be kind of cool if they could make some sort of ride like the Hogwarts Express, only it would take you from the new planet to whatever planet Star Tours is on.

Siren

I really enjoy reading the info from our insiders *here* and the speculation about more attractions coming to DHS. We all know SWL and TSL is not enough to fix this park.

And, I can't wait for the next big announcement and reveal for Star Wars Land. It will happen during the *major* -->The Star Wars Celebration<-- in April 2017 or at D23 in July 2017. Well, it better happen!

Or, we might even hear something sooner if anything is leaked or if Disney is forced to divert attention from some other news, lol. We'll see.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I really enjoy reading the info from our insiders *here* and the speculation about more attractions coming to DHS. We all know SWL and TSL is not enough to fix this park.

And, I can't wait for the next big announcement and reveal for Star Wars Land. It will happen during the *major* -->The Star Wars Celebration<-- in April 2017 or at D23 in July 2017. Well, it better happen!

Or, we might even hear something sooner if anything is leaked or if Disney is forced to divert attention from some other news, lol. We'll see.

Star Wars Celebration Europe starts on July 15th, although I don't know that we will get any news there.

G00fyDad

A rational person could deal with ST in a different location, but the majority of people would walk away from DHS (or whatever they will call it) thinking "Why the heck was there a Star Wars Ride outside of the Star Wars land? That's stupid."

Goofyernmost

A rational person could deal with ST in a different location, but the majority of people would walk away from DHS (or whatever they will call it) thinking "Why the heck was there a Star Wars Ride outside of the Star Wars land? That's stupid."
You're dishing out way to much consciousness of the public. They wouldn't care if you put it on the roof of a bus as long as they enjoyed it. Believe it or not, it isn't a normally given out thing that everyone have an OCD problem. If they can see it and if it is good, the majority will not care at all. However, to keep with theme, at least to a degree, it all should be together.

doctornick

As long as Star Tours and the area around it are themed to a different locale/planet as the main Star Wars Experience, why would it be a issue for most folks? Some might complain that it is too much Star Wars, sure, but that's different from it not making sense.

Personally, I'd love to see Star Tours themed to Tatooine (or Jakku) as the desert aesthetic would be a significant thematic contrast to the apparent tree and rock filled layout for the main Star Wars area. You already have the shop designed like that, so it would just be a matter of doing the queue/ride building for ST as well as any adjacent stuff (like either Backlot Express or the Sounds Dangerous building).

Part of the reason I think that theme could work is if they replace the IJ stunt show with a new ride, they could set it in Egypt or elsewhere in the Middle East thus having a similar desert motif so it would flow together well.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
saw a photo on twitter from DLR'. So is this Star Wars Land started to get off the ground?
CmY2BFZVIAAe3tg.jpg

bakntime

saw a photo on twitter from DLR'. So is this Star Wars Land started to get off the ground?
CmY2BFZVIAAe3tg.jpg
That's a concrete form for a large wall that will be going in there. The new course of the DLRR will pass alongside that wall, which will act as a tunnel and/or sound barrier for the train. Star Wars land will begin directly to the left of that wall. Off to the left of this image, there are more concrete forms being laid that are part of the groundwork for the new path of the DLRR and the rerouted river. It's likely that one of the entrances to Star Wars land will be straight head in this photo, with a path that goes beneath the railroad, similar to the path into Toontown.

Thus far there's no vertical construction for Star Wars land itself, though infrastructure (pipes, electrical) are going in soon.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
That's a concrete form for a large wall that will be going in there. The new course of the DLRR will pass alongside that wall, which will act as a tunnel and/or sound barrier for the train. Star Wars land will begin directly to the left of that wall. Off to the left of this image, there are more concrete forms being laid that are part of the groundwork for the new path of the DLRR and the rerouted river. It's likely that one of the entrances to Star Wars land will be straight head in this photo, with a path that goes beneath the railroad, similar to the path into Toontown.

Thus far there's no vertical construction for Star Wars land itself, though infrastructure (pipes, electrical) are going in soon.
thanks for the explanation!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom