Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disneyhead'71

I don't even see any of those as something that will happen. I still don't understand why you kepp suggesting Zootopia for it. The IP that goes in here will likely be shared with DL and Zootopia not only doesn't fit TL, but doesn't the ST ride system.

Incredibles is the most likely to replace it imo.
There is actually a reason I keep mentioning Zootopia as a Star Tours replacement.

Next Big Thing

Nick & Judy's Crimestoppers is what I would want for Zootopia. Based on the old **** Tracy concept. Make animation courtyard DHS' real Fantasyland equivalent, not Buzz & Woody's Toy-O-Rama.
That could be a real good idea. Unfortunately, with Chapek in charge it seems the imagineers are under pressure to get IPs into the parks as cheap/quick as possible for movies that hit it big at the box office. They aren't allowed to think outside of the box anymore from the sound of things lately.

RSoxNo1

That's my thing - I'm not against new ride systems, but on the other hand, I think there is too much emphasis spent on making unique special snowflakes.

I think 7DMT is a good example - with the amount of money spent on R&D for the "sway" feature, they could have likely afforded several additional show scenes instead. I would gladly give that novelty feature up for some more actual meat to the attraction.

It's almost criminal to me that they didn't do more with the EMV system, for another example. As you point out, no one complains that POTC and IASW are both boat rides with similar vehicles.
The EMV is used on an excellent ride over in Disneyland and a decent ride in Animal Kingdom. I'd love to see it used again, but I think it's lack of use is largely a function of Iger not building rides in general.

jt04

If it's actually under consideration instead of a unique ride at DHS or DAK, then :facepalm:

And if they actually put Zootopia in TL, that's even worse.

The Chinese government does not like Zootopia at all. So I am not sure it is an IP they would consider anyway. Disney has no shortage of existing IPs and others in the pipeline.

Kman101

Who the hell is thinking of these awful ideas

Right? Zootopia is the last thing I would ever even consider for Star Tours. So of course that's what they come up with, lol.

I don't see how putting Zootopia in Star Tours come 2018/2019/2020 (whenever the Star Wars Lands are done, and you factor in downtime for a makeover) makes any sense as a plan right now.

I'm really not buying this one.

roj2323

I was at studios today and there wasn't much to see from inside the park but from the drive in there were some bits to be seen. Unfortunately my driver failed to slow down so I could get a good look but it appeared as if Walt's plane may be gone. If someone is headed over there tomorrow please take a slow drive in to see if you can confirm.

JohnWD

image.jpeg

DL - hopefully something at DHS soon!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom