Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

They just filed permits for the setup of a construction staging area.... which won't be done until October. This doesn't seem quick to me.

True. But isn't the staging area there to store materials and provide workers a place to park? So wouldn't that be really needed after the site is cleared of all the old attractions? Even if it's done in October other work that didn't need the existence of the staging area will still be getting completed.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
True. But isn't the staging area there to store materials and provide workers a place to park? So wouldn't that be really needed after the site is cleared of all the old attractions? Even if it's done in October other work that didn't need the existence of the staging area will still be getting completed.

Yeah, in theory there are a lot of things that can be done without it, but these normally get setup up much earlier in the construction process.

Yeah, in theory there are a lot of things that can be done without it, but these normally get setup up much earlier in the construction process.

Rumor was the location changed which held up the process of getting it permitted. I'm thinking WDW would not let a project get delayed because of staging and could probably find an interim location.

RSoxNo1

Rumor was the location changed which held up the process of getting it permitted. I'm thinking WDW would not let a project get delayed because of staging and could probably find an interim location.
You forgot about sitting on their @$$ for 5 years, then giving the project to Chris Beatty to screw up, then the normally thrifty Board of Directors saying, "really this is the crap you came up with? Try again."

HauntedMansionFLA

Star Wars land / Rogue One question: Iger said he wants the new Disney SW movies in the park. With Rogue One rumored to have my favorite Villians Vader, Tarkin and possibly Palpatine in it, is this a way to have them be part of the new SW land? Or will they be part of the meet and greets.
Is Jedi training going to be part of the new land? They had said it was going indoors but I don't remember hearing about it when the latest details came out.

HauntedMansionFLA

image.jpg

AEfx

Not sure how much harder they can go. Attractions are coming down month by month and infrastructure work across World Dr is happening. They seem to be making decent progress.

Only because we are used to it taking Disney five years to build pretty much anything. Look what Universal did - they removed an entire land and built a new land and state of the art rides on top of it - in about as long as it takes Disney just to clear a site. It's possible to move much more quickly, if you actually pay to have the work done.

Mike S

Only because we are used to it taking Disney five years to build pretty much anything. Look what Universal did - they removed an entire land and built a new land and state of the art rides on top of it - in about as long as it takes Disney just to clear a site. It's possible to move much more quickly, if you actually pay to have the work done.
Jaws demo started the day after it closed. Backlot Tour......... I really don't think I need to say anymore than that. It speaks for itself.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
The only problem with having a Falcon walkthrough is how crowded it would be, Falcon isn't that huge of a ship and you couldn't have huge amounts of people inside it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I put this picture up because it's on location of episode 8. Disney / LucasFilm already has the plans on how to Falcon. So I don't want to hear about being over budget if all they need is materials and labor to get this part of the SWL done. I think it would be cool to be able to walk through this attraction.
These plans are how to build a hollow movie prop that's not load bearing and designed to last a few months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom