Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Herc11

This is 14 acres. There will be some space in the corner depending on how far into that corner TSL extends.

upload_2016-4-20_16-6-9-png.138612

So what would they do with the CC space? I know the DL version showed space for future expansion. I suppose any expansion in DHS would go there.

doctornick

This is 14 acres. There will be some space in the corner depending on how far into that corner TSL extends.

upload_2016-4-20_16-6-9-png.138612

Of course, it can also extend further south (onto what is now the backstage road and the toll plaza road) once they build the new toll plaza/entrance road off of Victory Lane. Given how much "depth" the land seems to have in the concept art, I'm expecting it to be more wide in the north-south axis (up and down in the photo).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Of course, it can also extend further south (onto what is now the backstage road and the toll plaza road) once they build the new toll plaza/entrance road off of Victory Lane. Given how much "depth" the land seems to have in the concept art, I'm expecting it to be more wide in the north-south axis (up and down in the photo).

I doubt they will go outside the bounds of the park. The big advantage to building back there is that there is nothing standing in the way of the construction. The new entrance road hasn't even gone through the permitting processes so I would say that it is still a year, year and half away at the earliest.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So what would they do with the CC space? I know the DL version showed space for future expansion. I suppose any expansion in DHS would go there.

Depends how much is left. That is an arbitrary 14 acre space, we aren't sure exactly how far SWL or TSL will encroach on the corner. Short term, I think and space left in the back of the park will be used for construction trailers and staging.

jhendrix

The angle of this walkway (in red) is what does it for me. If this is correct, the meat of the land starts pretty far down SOA, so there shouldn't be any real awkward space between star tours and SWL. Anyone with better skills wanna try lining up the overlay according to the red lines?

hollywood-adventure-map-overlay-jpg.138820

Attachments

• Hollywood-Adventure-Map-Overlay.jpg
    Hollywood-Adventure-Map-Overlay.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 1,195

jt04

Please god no. You'll attempt to tie it in with "Planes" :hungover:

Uh, no. You still don't get it.

Smithsonian would be good. Disney Springs if it gets an enclosure. Presidio if there is space. Air Force Museum if the plane model was developed by the Air Force. DCA as the final possibility. Hanging in the new multi-model station at MCO. Just thought of that.

roj2323

This is illustrating something I have been wondering for a while. The total area of SOA, LMA, Catastrophe Canyon, HISTK playground, and the BLT complex seems to be much larger than the 14 acres rumored for SWL. Is it possible some of that space could be used for future expansions? It's hard to imagine Disney going for it, but I'd love to see them increase the park's Muppet presence into a fully developed land by expanding into the SOA and the playground as would be possible in this scenario.

Depending on if you include Maintenance base (the building I went around) there's an extra 4-6 acres in play. Once you factor in Off stage areas most of that will probably disappear however.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom