Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Chris82

I have to say I'm getting conflicting information about the location involved for this project. It certainly could change a few things. I won't say more until I can verify one way or the other.

Maybe a change that would make sense of all the recent closures? :geek:

jt04

yeah, that NO ONE PREDICTED?;)

TFA is now over 50% of the way to #1 all-time Gone With the Wind adjusted for inflation in 40 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty sure nobody expected that. Not saying it will ever break the all-time record but still 40 DAYS!

Impressive.

So an expanded SWL is quite possible (back on topic) imo.

Mike S

hype-train-the-force-awakens-news.jpg

cjkeating

I have to say I'm getting conflicting information about the location involved for this project. It certainly could change a few things. I won't say more until I can verify one way or the other.

I am sure there is a lot of conflicting information going around about the location however to me it seems like it has to go in the front of the park...

1) MuppetVision appears to be staying as it is not being closed and Pizza Planet is being refurbished to reopen this year, presumably as a Muppet themed location
2) Star Tours would be separated by MuppetVision - this does not make sense, if the front area of the park was to be used for further Pixar IPs Star Tours would either be in a very bizarre standalone location or closed/rethemed
3) The practise area for LMA is part of the TSL expansion pad so it would have to close for construction to begin unless a new practise areas was to be created
4) There is so little space to manoeuvre around the back of the presumed SWL area that a staging area in the rear corner of the park makes sense as they can build backwards into the LMA area and require a smaller staging area as the project wraps up for Phase 3/further Pixar IPs

Would love to hear everyone else's thoughts about this.

stretchsje

2) Star Tours would be separated by MuppetVision - this does not make sense, if the front area of the park was to be used for further Pixar IPs Star Tours would either be in a very bizarre standalone location or closed/rethemed
Just like Disneyland. There must be a plan in place for Disneyland's Star Tours, and I wonder if it will be replicated in Orlando.

DisDan

I am sure there is a lot of conflicting information going around about the location however to me it seems like it has to go in the front of the park...

1) MuppetVision appears to be staying as it is not being closed and Pizza Planet is being refurbished to reopen this year, presumably as a Muppet themed location
3) The practise area for LMA is part of the TSL expansion pad so it would have to close for construction to begin unless a new practise areas was to be created
4) There is so little space to manoeuvre around the back of the presumed SWL area that a staging area in the rear corner of the park makes sense as they can build backwards into the LMA area and require a smaller staging area as the project wraps up for Phase 3/further Pixar IPs

I agree with your assessment, based on what we know so far I think that is a fair conclusion.

doctornick

I tend to agree as well, though the exact layout of the land and space used can certainly be up for grabs. I wonder if, for example, the former Sounds Dangerous theater will be used as part of Star Wars or now. this can impact where any transition will occur between lands.

The second point is it's conceivable they could have two distinct Star Wars areas with different settings. If that's the case, they could be on different sides of Muppetsvision.

JediMasterMatt

Just posted some thoughts in the main lobby thread about the ABC special to keep everyone's expectations in check and will share some here as well.

- The ABC special is NOT focused on SWL. It is about the 60th anniversary of Disneyland and will only dive into SWL when talks about the future of the resort.
- WDW will be mentioned only in passing.
- At best, the name and you will hear confirmation about the attractions the new land will have on offer and more details about the battle/adventure/escape/superdooper E+ and the MF attraction. Likely few pieces of new artwork shown (probably some of the things I was shown a few weeks ago).
- At worst, lots of talking over the current art with innuendo to the types of things the land will feature.

I would set your expectations low and then you will be pleased either way.

You will need to have a bit of faith and patience in WDI in this one. It will be worth the wait and for the first time in a long time, the gloves are off.

This is not 100% full disclosure and transparency time, so don't expect to have all of your SWL questions addressed during the ABC fluff special. SWL is still at least 12 parsecs away. 14 if your in Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom