Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Cesar R M

I was thinking not the boat ride, but the "internal transportation" to add a "kinetic element" to the Star Wars area. I would like to have something like that, especially if it were at a different height (always love what the Peoplemover and Astro Orbiter bring to TL in that regard)
If theres even a transportation thing.. wouldn't it be just a rethemed peoples mover (and with some tricks to make it look like the vehicles are 'hovering" above the ground?

I just hope that they also add "force" interactive elements, a la wands at Harry Potter land.

JediMasterMatt

Aha.

I've not heard any specifics about any third attraction. Either cut or planned.

I'll add that I also never heard a peep about a 3rd attraction (meaning ride) at any point of the after Tomorrowland plan was axed plans.

That's not to say that there won't be other "attractions" in the WDW sense of the word in SWL. There will be the two rides and all sorts of other meet-and-gropes, Nikon photo spots, and.... very likely, the SW version of Potter's wands allowing you to feel the Force at various spots around the land.

wdwgreek

The star Wars Facebook page posted this link today, not sure if its already been shared, but it says

"
  • Poe Dameron’s black X-wing fighter will greet guests at the 3rd entrance to Star Wars Land, although an Episode VIII feature to the fighter might make it different from what we know about it from The Force Awakens.
  • Characters and creatures from Star Wars: Episode VIII will be featured in the park.
  • The Falcon will be real, life sized, not scaled down at all, and sitting on top of a launch pad.
  • The Falcon will be opening and closing its main door and aliens/ troopers will be walking around asking people if they’ve seen anyone leave the ship.
  • There will be two major attractions, one larger than “Toon Town” itself.
  • Don’t worry about not being able to go inside the Falcon. One of the major attractions will take care of that for you as you fly in the cockpit of the freighter itself.
  • The word is the Imagineers loved the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story script, but if that will come into play is still hazy. Initial word was the second major attraction would feature Rogue One content, but now that appears to be somewhat unlikely"
http://epicstream.com/news/Star-War...ining-To-Life-Size-Millennium-Falcon-and-More

Rob562

I keep seeing this piece of concept art going around that had been released by Disney at the announcement and labeled by other people with various things and how they relate to landmarks at the Studios. While we know that the same *attractions* will be going into both versions of the land, do we 100% know that the *layout* of both lands will be exactly the same?

If they're not going to be the same, isn't it possible that the concept artwork shows the *Disneyland* incarnation with the big rockwork reveal coming from the Big Thunder area?

Even if the general layout is the same, if SWL at the Studios is expanding into the parking lot and they are only taking out Backlot Express and some backstage buildings, isn't it possible that the bulk of the land will be in the lot and the backstage buildings, and the space where Backlot Express is now will function as the forest and rockwork walkway/approach to SWL that the space just north of Disneyland's Big Thunder will do?

-Rob

gonzoWDW

I keep seeing this piece of concept art going around that had been released by Disney at the announcement and labeled by other people with various things and how they relate to landmarks at the Studios. While we know that the same *attractions* will be going into both versions of the land, do we 100% know that the *layout* of both lands will be exactly the same?

If they're not going to be the same, isn't it possible that the concept artwork shows the *Disneyland* incarnation with the big rockwork reveal coming from the Big Thunder area?

Even if the general layout is the same, if SWL at the Studios is expanding into the parking lot and they are only taking out Backlot Express and some backstage buildings, isn't it possible that the bulk of the land will be in the lot and the backstage buildings, and the space where Backlot Express is now will function as the forest and rockwork walkway/approach to SWL that the space just north of Disneyland's Big Thunder will do?

-Rob

Sorry if I'm way off the mark here, but isn't it not safe to assume that either land will look like the concept art? My understanding is that the feel of the land will likely resemble the concept art (IOW the planet/setting has been determined), but that we shouldn't be labeling buildings with attractions because concept art is just that: a concept.

Note: This is with regards to the people labeling the concept art released at D23, not the "RoA" Disneyland concept art, which is probably more accurate.

Ignohippo

-Rob

The concept art is VERY close to the finished product, just as the FLE art was.

And no, the layout will be incredibly similar, but not exact.

wdwgreek

The star Wars Facebook page posted this link today, not sure if its already been shared, but it says

"
  • Poe Dameron’s black X-wing fighter will greet guests at the 3rd entrance to Star Wars Land, although an Episode VIII feature to the fighter might make it different from what we know about it from The Force Awakens.
  • Characters and creatures from Star Wars: Episode VIII will be featured in the park.
  • The Falcon will be real, life sized, not scaled down at all, and sitting on top of a launch pad.
  • The Falcon will be opening and closing its main door and aliens/ troopers will be walking around asking people if they’ve seen anyone leave the ship.
  • Don’t worry about not being able to go inside the Falcon. One of the major attractions will take care of that for you as you fly in the cockpit of the freighter itself.
  • The word is the Imagineers loved the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story script, but if that will come into play is still hazy. Initial word was the second major attraction would feature Rogue One content, but now that appears to be somewhat unlikely"
http://epicstream.com/news/Star-War...ining-To-Life-Size-Millennium-Falcon-and-More
A question I have is anyone can answer is the layout question with Poe's swing being the third entrance? Is that the buffer between what land and star wars land in DL and similar in DHS is that the buffer between toy story and Star wars?

Mike S

"
*Drools*

Damn you Disney for making Floridians wait longer :cry:

ctrlaltdel

"
The Rogue One attraction sounds interesting. Haven't been around much in the past few months so I don't know if anyone has said anything about it, but is this a possible Phase 2.5 attraction or did the First Order/Resistance battle attraction evolve from this?

gonzoWDW

The concept art is VERY close to the finished product, just as the FLE art was.

And no, the layout will be incredibly similar, but not exact.

Ahhh, wasn't around back then, thanks for the clarification. Looks like I have some thread digging and reading to do :bookworm:

doctornick

-Rob

I would agree. Even if the layout is kinda similar between DL and DHS, the orientation will be no doubt different -- DL seems like it will be more "wide" but not as "deep" in shape while DHS will potentially be more "square" depending on the exact foot print uses. I'm also not convinced that the view of the concept art is looking south (from the hub/Echo Lake) for DHS; I think there's a reasonable chance that the view of the concept are is looking east from (say) Sounds Dangerous looking down at IJ/Backlot Express and into the parking lot.

doctornick

A question I have is anyone can answer is the layout question with Poe's swing being the third entrance? Is that the buffer between what land and star wars land in DL and similar in DHS is that the buffer between toy story and Star wars?

DL looks like it will have three entrances -- from Critter Country, from Frontierland (near BTM, next to the river) and from the current Fantasyland-Frontieland path.

It seems like to me that DHS will only have two entrances (from around Echo Lake and from where the Muppets are). I suppose they could make a third path for guest flow, but I'm not sure where it would be able to go -- maybe on the far side of Star Tours along the current access road but it would be going along the backstage of some buildings. But it would be sorta like the Tomorrowland-Fantasyland path in MK that goes outside the Speedway.

Ignohippo

DL looks like it will have three entrances -- from Critter Country, from Frontierland (near BTM, next to the river) and from the current Fantasyland-Frontieland path.

It seems like to me that DHS will only have two entrances (from around Echo Lake and from where the Muppets are). I suppose they could make a third path for guest flow, but I'm not sure where it would be able to go -- maybe on the far side of Star Tours along the current access road but it would be going along the backstage of some buildings. But it would be sorta like the Tomorrowland-Fantasyland path in MK that goes outside the Speedway.

Same as now. Left side around Echo Lake; right side around Echo Lake; and entrance from Muppets/Sci Fi cafe area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom