Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

doctornick

Same as now. Left side around Echo Lake; right side around Echo Lake; and entrance from Muppets/Sci Fi cafe area.

But you aren't going to enter Star Wars land directly from the lake (i.e. the lake isn't part of the land) -- if you are standing where Gertie is, that won't be part of the new land. So, I don't see how you could call the two sides of the lake different entrances to the land; those path come together before you enter the land. FWIW, I'm fully expecting a large line of trees or other visual barriers to shield between Echo lake and Star Wars. I wouldn't think they are going out of their way to sequester SW in DL to allow for a big reveal to enter the land, but allow the area to be seen clearly from Hollywood Blvd in DHS.

DisneyparkFreak

Found this today. Looks like Miceage has a pretty good article they reference here http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-land-map/. Could we expect something like this at HS?

ZZ71516B78.jpg

djkidkaz

So the mice age article says that they are having to cut some form of transportation from SWL to get the costs down yet I'm seeing the insiders say there is talk now of a phase 2.5 addition. So who is right? Are we cutting stuff or adding stuff?

Ignohippo

So the mice age article says that they are having to cut some form of transportation from SWL to get the costs down yet I'm seeing the insiders say there is talk now of a phase 2.5 addition. So who is right? Are we cutting stuff or adding stuff?

First off, I don't that stuff MiceAge was referencing was ever a serious part of the plans. I never heard anything at all about it and neither have the insiders that I'm aware of. I think the miscommunication last week has people clutching at straws. I don't think there's any reality to this rumor at all.

Any idea when we'll hear what is going in the LMA / SOA area? Is it finalized yet?

Absolutely no idea. Completely baffled. I had heard they were waffling between two, possibly three, ideas for back there and that nothing would begin until Toy Story opened. My understanding was that no decision had even been made yet.

From what I understood, the SWland being currently built was to encompass this new trilogy. Anything else being developed would be for the original trilogy. Personally, I don't think they'd begin anything having to do with the original trilogy until all three of the new movies are out (which would have fallen in line with not beginning construction until TS is open).

Also, I believe the expansion pad for SW is the Muppet area, and that they had no plans to expand there for at least 10 years. This also seems to lineup with the expansion area shown on the DL map.

It's possible, with the merchandise and box office numbers in, they've decided to fast track a second SWland in SoA, but I'm highly sceptical of that. I have no clue, but it's just my personal feeling that that isn't where it would go.

Last edited:

SirLink

Absolutely no idea. Completely baffled. I had heard they were waffling between two, possibly three, ideas for back there and that nothing would begin until Toy Story opened. My understanding was that no decision had even been made yet.

From what I understood, the SWland being currently built was to encompass this new trilogy. Anything else being developed would be for the original trilogy. Personally, I don't think they'd begin anything having to do with the original trilogy until all three of the new movies are out (which would have fallen in line with not beginning construction until TS is open).

Also, I believe the expansion pad for SW is the Muppet area, and that they had no plans to expand there for at least 10 years. This also seems to lineup with the expansion area shown on the DL map.

It's possible, with the merchandise and box office numbers in, they've decided to fast track a second SWland in SoA, but I'm highly sceptical of that. I have no clue, but it's just my personal feeling that that isn't where it would go.

In order of stuff:
-Between two, but Ops want and need that area transformed before Star Wars is opened is a lot stronger.
- Correct
-Incorrect about expansion pad. Look where they are building temporary parking spaces.

As of October last year that I'm still aware of Star Wars is getting built on top of CM parking in front of DHS. Echo lake will get eventually transformed to better transition over time. Hence park ops kinda getting the signal ready to allow guests to know front of parks will still be open.

I've even had people from the company, joke with me: "We are bringing the Disneyland tradition of building to the East Coast."

Last edited:

doctornick

In order of stuff:
-Between two, but Ops want and need that area transformed before Star Wars is opened is a lot stronger.

Are you suggesting that "Phase 3" might open before Star Wars? From an operational standpoint, that would make some sense and would help explain why they are shutting down LMA and closing off the SoA area when they are, if they plan to build there sooner rather than later. Of course, one would hope they've chosen their plans by now if that's the case.

I've even had people from the company, joke with me: "We are bringing the Disneyland tradition of building to the East Coast."

Not sure what that means, could you explain it?

SirLink

Are you suggesting that "Phase 3" might open before Star Wars? From an operational standpoint, that would make some sense and would help explain why they are shutting down LMA and closing off the SoA area when they are, if they plan to build there sooner rather than later. Of course, one would hope they've chosen their plans by now if that's the case.

Not sure what that means, could you explain it?

Nope I'm saying, ops want it to be. They want stuff to open in quick succession so as others have said they aren't drawing this out longer than it needs to be.

DCA was built on a parking lot, RSR was built on a parking lot, I believe Indy was built on a parking lot.

doctornick

Nope I'm saying, ops want it to be. They want stuff to open in quick succession so as others have said they aren't drawing this out longer than it needs to be.

Right, I was wondering if that has caused any modifications to the timelines. I'd love to hear about the alleged "Phase 3" being completed more rapidly due to Ops' concerns.

No way silly goose! If phase 3 opened before star wars, wouldn't that make it "phase 2" then?

Obviously. ;)

No reasons Star Wars couldn't become Phase 3 and Monstropolis (or whatever goes in the LMA/Catastrophe Canyon area) being Phase 2 in terms of timeline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom