Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

kap91

My question is will it be two different starwars lands or carbon copies of each other. :banghead:
I'm guessing the rides and some shops will be the same but the layout will differ.

Also think the odds are decent that the WDW versions might be engineered with a higher capacity aka the new soarin and tsmm expansions and the original builds of star tours.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Since the new planet is a Space Port, I would assume Star Tours is being added in DL and part of it in DHS. Three rides total, with Star Tours getting new scenes from the new films.

Building the land near Star Tours makes sense in DHS, but in DL it would require taking out a big part of Tomorrowland,

TP2000

Star Tours won't be moved. It may get re-themed (at Disneyland) to something else that's not SW, since that's an easy process to just make a new film that's themed to just about anything, but they're not going to move those simulators to another part of the park.

Here's the new version of Star Tours opening at Hong Kong's Tomorrowland next year. Except it's not based on Star Wars, it's based on Iron Man. The simulator ride is a fly along with Iron Man and the pre-show queue is based on Starck Industries. At least for Disneyland where they can do whatever they want for Marvel, this would be a perfect replacement for Star Tours once Star Wars Land opens.
Marvel-Iron-Man-Experience-Disney-Hong-Kong.png

Something else can be created for the Star Tours facility and ride system in DHS. Especially since the DHS version has six cabins to use instead of Disneyland's four.

kap91

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but isn't Mickey's Toontown a specific IP based land?
Only tangentially. Toontown was created in roger rabbit but the toontown at Disneyland is a much more disneyfied place than the one in the movie - the place where all the Disney (and only Disney) characters live. The ride is based more close to the ip but the land isn't. Plus it makes a ton of sense for there to be a place based on the fab five in the main park - especially the whole outside the rail road tracks is where all the characters you love live.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom