Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MickeyMinnieMom

There is already music entering the land. How did you miss that?

Batuu isn’t real. It’s a theme park land and should be treated as such.

Also, if one more person comes here saying the lack of music in Pandora is immersive™️, I’m going to flip out.

The use of music there is so clever and well done.

There is so much music in Pandora alone, there’s a 12 track 57 minute album dedicated to it.

Stop saying Pandora is real because of the lack of music. It’s real BEACAUSE the music is intertwined with the experience so masterfully, the typical guest doesn’t know it’s happening. But they sure do FEEL it.

Music is about a feeling. It’s a tangible, tactile relationship to the land. Without it, you’ve got a deserted movie set.
No need to be condescending. Music in Pandora is subtle -- we own the album, actually. It isn't a playing track of recognizable music like Potter. Can't speak for anyone else but that's the point I've been making.

Mickeyboof

From what I've seen on these boards (and the map of Galaxy's Edge) there will be a waterfall in the Rise of the Resistance area...so there's that.

Sure, I hope it’s there! However, The rise of the resistance area is already open.

The queue, where the waterfall should be found, is not an area where people relax and explore and feel like they’re in an adventure.

A queue is a theme park invention to keep people organized and sometimes occupied while they wait for an attraction. Often the queue lays the groundwork for the attractions story or tone.

A queue is not a place where a water feature can be enjoyed while soaking up the sights and sounds of Star Wars lore.

ImperfectPixie

Sure, I hope it’s there! However, The rise of the resistance area is already open.

The queue, where the waterfall should be found, is not an area where people relax and explore and feel like they’re in an adventure.

A queue is a theme park invention to keep people organized and sometimes occupied while they wait for an attraction. Often the queue lays the groundwork for the attractions story or tone.

A queue is not a place where a water feature can be enjoyed while soaking up the sights and sounds of Star Wars lore.
Oh, I agree completely! I edited my comment above.

MickeyMinnieMom

This thread is so tiresome :oops:
Why? I think we're seeing some nice ideas that could easily (aside from the water feature part) and inexpensively be added to the land.
Funny -- I agree with both of you!! 😁 Had some good thoughts but when it turns nasty for no reason it gets tiresome pretty quickly -- not to mention the relentless negativity from some. I'll just exit stage right and head to another board for a while. I shared my two cents anyway. :)

RobWDW1971

It just seems like there is no pleasing some fans. I like the ideas being given out but I don’t know what people truly want from this land.

Well, I guess this thread hasn't been tiresome enough because there has been a shocking amount of consistency in "what people want from this land"

A Star Wars land in a Disney theme park should have:
- A fun, whimsical, and entertaining celebration of ALL things Star Wars
- The "alive" atmosphere that we were promised - countless smugglers, aliens, moving droids, bounty hunters, Jedi, stormtroopers, etc. inhabiting Batuu
- Being able to interact with all of your favorite Star Wars characters (C3P0, R2D2, Vader, Yoda, Boba Fett, Kylo, Luke/Han/Leia/Rey/Poe, etc.)-
- Cleverly used iconic Star Wars music to trigger our emotional connections to the brand and stories
- Jedis using their powers, things affected by the Force, light saber fights in the streets
- Actual ways for guests to interact like Jedi Academy
- The Mos Eisley Cantina from ANH with an alien band playing
- Open facades for retail and dining so the activity "spills" into the open space vs. everything being concealed in closed, windowless, nameless beige buildings.

Pretty sure that is what the majority of average Star Wars and Disney fans would truly want (and expect) when they hear Disney is spending hundreds of million dollars on a Star Wars land (at least that is the general consensus of all the boards I've been on and people I've spoken to over the past few years).

The fact that we got none of those, literally none of those is beyond mind boggling. They gave us a place nobody has ever heard of and left it deserted and depressing with an awesome Falcon in the middle of it.

One could make a very accurate argument that we are all whining too much and endlessly repeating the same criticisms (although I find people's new insights interesting every day), but not sure how someone's take away from all of these threads is "no pleasing some fans" and "don't know what people truly want from this land".

Last edited:

eddie104

Well, I guess this thread hasn't been tiresome enough because there has been a shocking amount of consistency in "what people want from this land"

A Star Wars land in a Disney theme park should have:
- A fun, whimsical, and entertaining celebration of ALL things Star Wars
- The "alive" atmosphere that we were promised - countless smugglers, aliens, moving droids, bounty hunters, Jedi, stormtroopers, etc. inhabiting Batuu
- Being able to interact with all of your favorite Star Wars characters (C3P0, R2D2, Vader, Yoda, Boba Fett, Kylo, Luke/Han/Leia/Rey/Poe, etc.)-
- Cleverly used iconic Star Wars music to trigger our emotional connections to the brand and stories
- Jedis using their powers, things affected by the Force, light saber fights in the streets
- Actual ways for guests to interact like Jedi Academy
- The Mos Eisley Cantina from ANH with an alien band playing
- Open facades for retail and dining so the activity "spills" into the open space vs. everything being concealed in closed, windowless, nameless beige buildings.

Pretty sure that is what the majority of average Star Wars and Disney fans would truly want (and expect) when they hear Disney is spending hundreds of million dollars on a Star Wars land (at least that is the general consensus of all the boards I've been on and people I've spoken to over the past few years).

The fact that we got none of those, literally none of those is beyond mind boggling. They gave us a place nobody has ever heard of and left it deserted and depressing with an awesome Falcon in the middle of it.

One could make a very accurate argument that we are all whining too much and endlessly repeating the same criticisms (although I find people's new insights interesting every day), but not sure how someone's take away from all of these threads is "no pleasing some fans" and "don't know what people truly want from this land".
Fair enough but your not helping my perception of this thread 🙃

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom