Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

britain

Matthew Panzarino has a great article on some interesting details. I haven't had the opportunity to read all of the other articles yet, but Matthew is a tech writer so his article discusses more of the tech side.
https://techcrunch.com/2019/02/27/how-disney-built-star-wars-in-real-life/

From that article (and similarly mentioned elsewhere): "Though every flight will have its own permutations, you cannot ‘fail’ a flight on the Falcon."

Gee, I wonder if WDI was annoyed at Jim Hill saying that they're having trouble guaranteeing a good ride due to the Falcon's interactivity?

drod1985

According to Emtertainment Weekly you will have to sign up for sessions.

And according to Orlando Sentinel the sessions are about 20 minutes.

14 stations x 20 minute experience = 42 sessions in an hour. Let's just bump it to 50. That's 600 sessions in a 12 hour park day. These are going to be in high demand.

Fast Passes for the saber builds could essentially be reserving your spot. I wouldn't be mad about that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Also, what am I looking at here?

Dok's antiquities shop. This is the toys for older boys with the more expensive art, busts, trinkets, etc.... The person in the middle is looking up and talking with an A-1000 Dok.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
A curious question... Would they open Fast Passes for the new rides prior to SWGE actually being open? Say hypothetically that it's scheduled to open end of September, would people be able to book in July/August with their 60 day windows, even though the land isn't even open yet? Not sure what they did with Toy Story Land or Pandora.

There has been radio silence on what ops is going to do for the crowds and FPs and extra (paid for) hours.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Just saw in a Nerdist article that there will be 14 lightsaber building stations. I imagine it'll be similar for the droid building experience.

Could Disney open these up for Fast Passes as well? There's sure to be lines.
And according to Orlando Sentinel the sessions are about 20 minutes.

14 stations x 20 minute experience = 42 sessions in an hour. Let's just bump it to 50. That's 600 sessions in a 12 hour park day. These are going to be in high demand.

Fast Passes for the saber builds could essentially be reserving your spot. I wouldn't be mad about that.

I hope you have to put a $100 deposit just to go through the 'experience' rather than have people who have no intent to buy one take up space from the buyers. The cost has been estimated to be between $100-$200.

kurtk

I don't understand the people complaining about only 2 rides attractions and no TSR. Disney is already spending huge amounts of money here and the place looks great. Would we really want some of the cool areas be taken away for a table service restaurant? Or have some 'meh' third attraction like Alien Swirling Saucers just so they can say they have 3? It appears the 2 we are getting will be great.

Now for a really silly thing, I wonder how many bathrooms there will be in SW:GE. With the amount of time people will spend here and the crowd levels, it could be a problem:p

yensidtlaw1969

I assume it will have a screen based backup like they do for the shaman in Navi River Journey.
Mildly related - is there more than one Hondo room? It looks from the video like they’re building more than one, though that could just be one for California and one for Florida.

For capacity’s sake I’d be ready to believe there could be at least two preshow rooms. Though I guess that depends on how much face time you actually get with him.

Goofyernmost

I don't understand the people complaining about only 2 rides attractions and no TSR. Disney is already spending huge amounts of money here and the place looks great. Would we really want some of the cool areas be taken away for a table service restaurant? Or have some 'meh' third attraction like Alien Swirling Saucers just so they can say they have 3? It appears the 2 we are getting will be great.

Now for a really silly thing, I wonder how many bathrooms there will be in SW:GE. With the amount of time people will spend here and the crowd levels, it could be a problem:p
My thought is that they might get a TSR, but, not until the crowds calm down to a manageable number. In the beginning they might want people to go in and out as quickly as possible. Sitting around at a table for 2 additional hours will not help the flow and reduce some of the crowding.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
So any guess on price to (rumor) buy fast pass for the attractions?

We don't know if they'll allow FP or not, let alone charge for FP, or, if they do, what they'd charge.

WDW's usual way is daily morning EMH for those in the resorts and after hours upcharges and then let everything proceed as normal... with multiple 6 hour lines.

Little Green Men

Unless I miscount, DL has the same number of sit down restaurants in the park (4) as the MK. And the ones in DL, in my experience, have much better food and are significantly more charming (Carnation is among my favorite theme park eateries)

A heavily themed table service can and should be an integral component of a fully immersive IP land. The Potter lands’ primary failure was in not having even one such restaurant between them. It’s a mind-boggling oversight Disney is repeating,
MK has 7 table service restaurants now

sndral

...Now for a really silly thing, I wonder how many bathrooms there will be in SW:GE. With the amount of time people will spend here and the crowd levels, it could be a problem:p
I’m hoping there are facilities about halfway through the queue for each ride, otherwise those who chose to imbibe that IPO at Oga’s Cantina before hoping into a 3+ hour line for ROR or the falcon may have issues.

bubbles1812

There has been radio silence on what ops is going to do for the crowds and FPs and extra (paid for) hours.
What did they do for Pandora or Toy Story? My mom and I will be there in December so it will have been open for a few weeks to maybe a month or two. So I’m wondering what I might need to plan for [with acknowledgement nothing has been announced and it’s a long way off]. Any predictions?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
What did they do for Pandora or Toy Story? My mom and I will be there in December so it will have been open for a few weeks to maybe a month or two. So I’m wondering what I might need to plan for [with acknowledgement nothing has been announced and it’s a long way off]. Any predictions?

For Pandora, there were a few soft opening days for CMs, APers, and DVD (invitation only). There were daily morning EMHs for resort guests.

And that's it. Normal operating procedures but with a six hour line. FP+s as normal.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Pandora and Toy Story Land Fastpasses opened up 60 days before opening of the land.

jaxonp

You don't seem to understand how this site works. People love to complain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom