Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Whatever you want... It really doesn't matter and is totally irrelevant if it cannot be noticed and I am sure that it won't be by 99.9% of all the guests in there. And you are indeed free to base your supposition based on that, as I am free to base my supposition strictly on my opinion. I always feel that insiders sources, no matter what level, are only being fed what Disney wants them to spread.

You are free to believe in that baseless conspiracy.

kthomas105

I don't have any hard facts to bring to the debate but I think there is a reason they stopped painting grand arts theater several months ago. Here is the latest aerials showing no further progress on painting the side facing SWL. it has been this way for several months (6+)

Epcot_Imagineer

I don't have any hard facts to bring to the debate but I think there is a reason they stopped painting grand arts theater several months ago. Here is the latest aerials showing no further progress on painting the side facing SWL. it has been this way for several months (6+)View attachment 352580
Very interesting that they only painted a very particular section. I wonder the reasoning behind that...
I don't want to give this too much thought though, one part of me hopes they have some intricate plan for the rest of the wall, the other half of me knows they just ran out of paint for the day and are just waiting until last minute to finish up 😂

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
By the way, do we know what that backstage building is for, exactly? I haven't seen anyone report a purpose for it. I think a break room facility for a character M&G would make a lot of sense.
I've posted that both here and the Anaheim board, but so far there's been no confirmation. What makes me believe it's true is that you can see a short queue set up by the X-Wing in California and it's right by that mysterious building. I am at least certain there will be meet and greets there, and I'm betting on Nein Nunb being one of them (though what I really want is a Pokins (or his ghost at this point in the timeline.))
Cast break room and backstage electrical equipment. No guest access.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I wouldn't guarantee that the DHS build will necessarily maintain a 2-to-3-month's-behind-California schedule. Summer Florida weather will have a say in how quickly they can move, as will hurricanes. Impossible to predict the latter, but easy to anticipate and schedule for the former.

I'm in for November 1 as an opening date. :D

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wouldn't guarantee that the DHS build will necessarily maintain a 2-to-3-month's-behind-California schedule. Summer Florida weather will have a say in how quickly they can move, as will hurricanes. Impossible to predict the latter, but easy to anticipate and schedule for the former.

I'm in for November 1 as an opening date. :D

Hurricanes affecting the middle of central Florida aren't that common and very rarely impactful. Almost always it's just one rainy day. And of the ones that did hit, only two days were lost.

iowamomof4

Hurricanes affecting the middle of central Florida aren't that common and very rarely impactful. Almost always it's just one rainy day. And of the ones that did hit, only two days were lost.
Ah, but buildings under construction aren't ready to withstand the winds that can come with such storms. THAT could cause delays, even if Orlando doesn't take a direct hit. Be that as it may, construction will surely be far enough along by the time strong thunderstorms become common that there shouldn't be much opportunity for damage.

DisneyOutsider

The WDW Today podcast has a 10 second video that was sent to them over Twitter of someone walking inside of the Millennium Falcon ride and are playing it on their podcast right now. I believe they also retweeted it, but I'm not on Twitter. Perhaps someone can go grab it before it gets taken down?

britain

Well, video down now. It was nice, but to be honest, it wasn't as clear or as revealing as the official shots of the cockpit Disney has released previously.

Best reveal here was simply confirmation that they've got the length and angles of the hallways leading to the cockpit correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom