• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

rsm

I predict that in 2021 there will be an entire thread dedicated to complaints about how there were live actor stormtroopers up on this bridge opening weekend and then never again. Then an insider tells us that the cast staircase is being used for storage so it's no longer accessible.

Mike S

Advertisement
I predict that in 2021 there will be an entire thread dedicated to complaints about how there were live actor stormtroopers up on this bridge opening weekend and then never again. Then an insider tells us that the cast staircase is being used for storage so it's no longer accessible.

View attachment 349477
If that were the case I’d have to question the logic of building a bridge capable of having people walk on it and not just being for show, a staircase leading up to the bridge as well, but only using it once.

drod1985

I wouldn't say I'm a "sightline nazi" but I mean, I'll say it - leaving the backs of the buildings exposed like this when it's clearly visible to guests is lazy.

If I see a corner of the Muppets show building or a random Slinky Dog coaster in the sky? That's less offensive. I get it. There are certain things you can't avoid. But the exposed rockwork here and at Pandora cheapens all the work they put into making the land look phenomenal from the inside.

HauntedMansionFLA

I wouldn't say I'm a "sightline nazi" but I mean, I'll say it - leaving the backs of the buildings exposed like this when it's clearly visible to guests is lazy.

If I see a corner of the Muppets show building or a random Slinky Dog coaster in the sky? That's less offensive. I get it. There are certain things you can't avoid. But the exposed rockwork here and at Pandora cheapens all the work they put into making the land look phenomenal from the inside.
Perhaps the new hotel will block it out???

jt04

That is from the employee parking lot.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Perhaps the new hotel will block it out???
No, this is the view from the most Southwestern part of the new parking lot. The hotel is behind the point of view of the camera.

This view would only be seen be guests parking down there on the busiest days (IOW, once SWL is open). I'm sure there will be a phalanx of trees there to make it look nicer, but won't block the view of the half-finished rockwork. It'd be just like the view of FoP from the DAK lot.

Goofyernmost

Once upon a time that was part of the story.
Well, couldn't they make the story be about a half finished Galaxy? Or maybe they just had a huge battle in that area and we are seeing the damage. Or we won't see it at all. It would be funny if those paying to stay in the hotel by selling one of their children and a kidney or two were the only ones that see that view.

Just a reminder though, the back of the New York skyline looked just like that from around the Star Tours area. That goes all the way back to the golden years of Disney.

Top Bottom