• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

britain

I think it’s confirmed the land takes place post Last Jedi so the Supreme Leader is dead.
Actually I think it’s been confirmed that it takes place before the Force Awakens. Hence the rise of the resistance with Poe Dameron’s old XWing nearby. Either way, Kylo Ren is the supreme leader or Snoke is.

Yes, the supreme leader is dead - Long live the supreme leader.

mab7689

Someone has shared an article from WDW Intel on the Facebook group I admin. No idea who they are and how reliable. The article uses blackout dates to predict it will open December 20th. Naturally some members were getting carried away and taking it as gospel so I stepped in and said don't believe anything until we get official word from Disney.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Someone has shared an article from WDW Intel on the Facebook group I admin. No idea who they are and how reliable. The article uses blackout dates to predict it will open December 20th. Naturally some members were getting carried away and taking it as gospel so I stepped in and said don't believe anything until we get official word from Disney.
When Disney themselves change the announced timeline from "Late Fall" to "Fall", it's sure as heck means before December.

CinematicFusion

DHS is going to be so over crowded when star wars land opens. It’s already the hottest most claustrophobic park of all 4.
No shade and small walkways. How do people survive that park in July?

MansionButler84

DHS is going to be so over crowded when star wars land opens. It’s already the hottest most claustrophobic park of all 4.
No shade and small walkways. How do people survive that park in July?
I find DAK much worse in the summer, although TSL in particular is VERY uncomfortable at mid-day. A lot at DHS is indoor, however. DAK offers very little relief from the heat. I remember sweat pouring from unmentionable areas while waiting in line for a sunset safari in August. Epcot is certainly the easiest (for both the heat and the downpours).

bclane

I think it’s confirmed the land takes place post Last Jedi so the Supreme Leader is dead.
Maybe, maybe not? I’m starting to wonder if he was just a Force projection as at least a few others have suggested. Here’s hoping JJ wraps that storyline up to everyone’s satisfaction.

britain

New video from Disneyland, showing aerial from a couple weeks ago.

Excellent new pics!

I wonder if the overflow extension queue to RotR will actually be the Hungry Bear path.

When Indy first opened it had us wind through Frontierland and Main Street, so I wouldn’t be surprised if not only did the RotR queue go along the Hungry Bear path, but they may commandeer the northernmost elevated Hungry Bear patio for additional switchbacks!

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Exce

Excellent new pics!

I wonder if the overflow extension queue to RotR will actually be the Hungry Bear path.

When Indy first opened it had us wind through Frontierland and Main Street, so I wouldn’t be surprised if not only did the RotR queue go along the Hungry Bear path, but they may commandeer the northernmost elevated Hungry Bear patio for additional switchbacks!
Really does show how intimate the Disneyland version looks. And how far ahead they are.

rsm

I predict that in 2021 there will be an entire thread dedicated to complaints about how there were live actor stormtroopers up on this bridge opening weekend and then never again. Then an insider tells us that the cast staircase is being used for storage so it's no longer accessible.

Top Bottom