Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mike S

I had a very short, but interesting conversation with a CM hosting a VIP tour on our recent visit. We were both waiting for our parties to finish riding A.S.S in HS. This guy was not your average young CM... more like in his late 40's to early 50's. I know that does not equate to years of experience or reliability of his knowledge, but the way he spoke and carefully selected what to share, mixed in with a few "not at liberty to share more" led me to believe that what he was saying was more than just speculation. So... here are a few bullet points from that conversation:

• Don't expect the usual AP previews, AP events or soft openings
  • Don't expect to be able to use FP+ for the land or the rides when it opens
  • Disney is expecting the crowds for SW:GE to be larger than what Universal saw for the opening of Potter
  • Up to this point, MK has always had the highest attendance of the four parks. Disney is expecting that HS might actually surpass MK in attendance because of SW:GE.
  • Don't believe the wait times that are posted. Disney manipulates them on purpose (Edit: forgot to include this in my original post)
No FastPass would be a great move.

drod1985

We're letting our passes expire this year, we'll likely get back on the AP train in 2020.

So due to that I'm hoping for some sort of paid preview experience open at least to Florida residents. Fingers crossed. 🤞🏼

HauntedMansionFLA

That was one of the other things he mentioned was likely not to happen... We are passholders for the first time this year and I was hoping to take advantage of one of those types of special invites.
Hopefully construction will be on schedule unlike TSL where there was paint still drying when people were walking into the queues.

NormC

On the Jungle Cruise you can see the backside of water, WDI should have done better than that. They should have at least made it look like the front if we have to go behind it. Oh wait.......... Nevermind.......... It doesn't matter................. ;)

WDWYankee15

Improbable but not impossible.

Do+Impossible.jpg

Mike S

Don't care! :)

Since when is Disney about "fairness"?? ;) It's always been at least somewhat about those-who-know-are-better-off (how to capitalize on FP, etc., etc.). And increasingly who can pay their way out of a line. But "fair" as a standard...?
Why not for something this huge? Give everyone the best chance to see it.

The Pho

I know this appears to be a popular view among some on boards. I would hate it. And I suspect that as much as Disney has set the expectations of locking in 3 FP per day, a good number of people would be pretty peeved.
At World in particular people would get extra mad. Essentially every single ride has fastpass for it, it’s going to be widely expected by the masses. At Land they at least have most without fastpass so it would probably go over better.

DisneyDodo

I wonder if Disney would consider opening the park for 24 hours for a while? Or maybe for some sort of up charge guests could stay overnight at DHS just so more people could experience the attraction and spread out the crowds?
They should keep DHS open for 24 hours, but split into two 12-hour "blocks." Each block would require its own ticket, as if it were its own day, and AP holders would not be allowed to visit during both blocks in a single day (unless they purchase a separate ticket for one of the blocks).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom