Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

899C268C-C96E-4A40-B1DA-334B8FC263B7.jpeg

HauntedMansionFLA

The site that shall not be named is reporting that Falcon will have a single rider line built, although they aren't sure if it will be like FoP where it is built and not used.

Can someone in the know explain what happened with the FoP single rider line? They built it and had signage but never used it, correct? But currently they have a sort of unofficial single rider line after the merge. Why is it that single rider works after the merge but not before?
The problem with the FOP single rider line was how it was built. The single rider line merged with the FO+ line after just a couple of steps into the cue. It was flawed from the start. Hopefully they learned from this mistake and others.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Because the same benefits to maximize efficiency can be achieved by pulling actual singles out of line like they do at flight of passage. And this avoids the constant issues of single riders refusing to be separated.

But that takes longer... and can impact staffing... and really requires a staging area like fop has to be real effective. Soarin can do it too because of the long staging before the preshow.

But for something with shorter cycles, less space on/near the platform... it’s much harder. Like btmrr... they can pull guests forward... but only limited and it’s stressful.

The Pho

Saw some random Disney fan account on Instagram posted that ROTR will be 28 minutes long. I couldn’t find anything about that on this thread (apologies if I just missed it,) is there any truth to this?
That’s including multiple preshows, similar to Flight of Passage. It won’t be 28 minutes of ride time, and that is probably still inflated. I think the ride is meant to be around 6 or so. So it’s not really true.

yensidtlaw1969

Unfortunately this narrative of it being a 28 minute ride seems to have picked up steam -- I've seen it flying around the net many times in different places just this week alone, with comments reflecting tremendous excitement at the idea of the ride being so long.

I just hope someone at Disney takes note of how thrilled people seem to be that a ride could be this long! It definitely seems to disagree with the narrative that people want shorter and shorter attractions due to "attention spans". The idea has never made sense to me that the same kids who can watch an entire 13 hour season of TV in one sitting can't keep up with a ride longer than 5 minutes after waiting 90 to get on it.

yensidtlaw1969

This is just a glance at the first page of Google Results for "Star Wars 28 Minute Ride". I certainly wouldn't call all of these sources reputable (the fact that they're sharing news of a 28 minute Star Wars Ride should suggest this much), but the amount of traction the idea has gotten should be telling. People are clearly ready and willing to get on a ride this long, assuming it's entertaining the whole time.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 5.46.08 PM.png

iowamomof4

Yes, I've been seeing people post all of these types of articles in MANY groups on Facebook. Some are related to Disney travel, others are for Star Wars fans, but everyone gets excited when they hear the "news" that the ride will be 28 minutes long. Maybe this will force Disney to release more details of the ride to quell the false rumors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom