Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

cjkeating

Kinda internally that 6-8 to hours to get in the land then ride an attraction that I was informed of, they project it will last for at least a year.

I think they are being quite optimistic about how busy it is going to be. I'm quite happy to be proved wrong in 18 months time.

Stripes

Premium Member
I had never seen this before! It's a fully-stitched and pan-able 3D model of the land! Completely fan-made it seems, but of surprisingly decent quality (it's far from perfect, but decent). Check it out!
https://sketchfab.com/models/6d59354a4eda4745ac2bb655e75486c3

This one of the Foundry section is of AMAZING quality!
https://sketchfab.com/models/989832cecb634476b78014da0b8cb65e?ref=related

There's also this one of WDW's construction, but it's pretty rough.
https://sketchfab.com/models/958702fd1a1446608b20396d32a48bd6

Also, give it some time to load, it looks terrible at first, but gets much better.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

@marni1971 - when the dust settles after all of the builds in the next few years, WDW will have a net gain of two attractions with Tron and ratatouille? Everything else was replacing attractions?
Unless one is willing to accept that one attraction (the car stunt show) was replaced by what will be a HUGE land (an attraction in and of itself) and two attraction rides. and the Backlot tour, which in recent years was about as exciting as watching paint dry, with a new land that contains two other new attraction rides and an expanded Toy Story Mania. None of these existed before. So I see a net addition of 4 rides and two lands and are actually stand alone attractions. I also don't recall New Fantasyland addition to not be a significant addition to a place that had been nothing but a stagnant pond and a tiny kiddies playground. Oh, and then there was Pandora... two more rides and an equally entertaining new immersive area. It took them a while to get off their bonus accepting butts and do something, but, they have added a lot to all the parks in one form or the other.

HauntedMansionFLA

Unless one is willing to accept that one attraction (the car stunt show) was replaced by what will be a HUGE land (an attraction in and of itself) and two attraction rides. and the Backlot tour, which in recent years was about as exciting as watching paint dry, with a new land that contains two other new attraction rides and an expanded Toy Story Mania. None of these existed before. So I see a net addition of 4 rides and two lands and are actually stand alone attractions. I also don't recall New Fantasyland addition to not be a significant addition to a place that had been nothing but a stagnant pond and a tiny kiddies playground. Oh, and then there was Pandora... two more rides and an equally entertaining new immersive area. It took them a while to get off their bonus accepting butts and do something, but, they have added a lot to all the parks in one form or the other.
It’s still replacing attractions with attractions..................

BrianLo

It's sad that I came up here to cross-post, we were literally way behind in the DL thread. But this is still fun.

Dpp56iNUYAACfja.jpg:large

Last edited:

BrianLo

I admit it was my first time there, but my God, the logjam of humanity that occurred at Pirates and the Haunted Mansion was incredible during the day. Then I made the mistake of trying to get through it during Fantasmic. It was a sea of people.

Hey! Now you have TWO options to get around that: proceed through the Log jam of humanity that is New Orleans Square, or go through the Log jam of humanity that is SW:GE.

Or accept defeat and spend your entire day riding Pooh back to back and eating sugar cookies.

All jokes aside, if this thing isn't closed to capacity, I think the jaunt through SW is actually going to be easier. That section is notoriously bad made all the worse by being a dead end for decades and hosting seating for a nighttime spectacular. The pathways in SW:GE are designed for more modern standards. Sure you lose some charm, but nothing is charming about swimming through people.

Stripes

Premium Member
Sure you lose some charm, but nothing is charming about swimming through people.
This fact alone is why I have a better time at MK than DL. It's truly a nightmare dealing with those traffic jams in the park. "Lady, you've smashed that stroller into my heel 3 times now, please watch where you're going." ...is what I want to say, but manage to hold my tongue every time.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There are a few additions planned, if they’ll happen I don’t know.
Unless one is willing to accept that one attraction (the car stunt show) was replaced by what will be a HUGE land..
Technically SWL is replacing Lights, Motors Action (a huge attraction) and the Backlot Theatre, which was an attraction until the company decided to save money and mothball it.

Fantasyland also lost an attraction in SWSA. It gained two attractions, which is a net gain of one. Depending on your point of view this was a gain or a standstill if like you said you bring 20K into the equation.

SpoiledBlueMilk

This fact alone is why I have a better time at MK than DL. It's truly a nightmare dealing with those traffic jams in the park. "Lady, you've smashed that stroller into my heel 3 times now, please watch where you're going." ...is what I want to say, but manage to hold my tongue every time.

I was really looking forward to New Orleans Square, but there were so many people packed into the area that the whole theme was lost to a mob. I'm sad to say it, because I was really looking forward to DL, but after being there and seeing the crowds, and the overall feel of the park, I didn't get the same "magical" feel that I always get at WDW.

Goofyernmost

It’s still replacing attractions with attractions..................
No it is replacing an attraction (singular) with attractions (plural). And on top of that it is replacing attractions that had no place in a park that was no longer a working studio or were DOA and had been for a while. In MK they replaced a fungus pond and a blah play area that was serving no purpose. In DAK, Pandora replaced a freaking meet and greet. Nothing was really lost in those changes. The only one that has been really just changed is the loss of GMR, but, even that had lost a lot of it's charm, but, I will give you that even though I think what is replacing it is going to be quite good. It's far and away better then in the past when they were closing down attractions and not replacing them with anything. (i.e. WoL, Sounds Dangerous, and even to some extent Horizons and others) Horizons was an attraction that so many lamented as being taken out. That is stated in spite of being so great, however, it was almost always nearly empty. We didn't even go to it often and then wondered why they would have the nerve to remove it.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

There are a few additions planned, if they’ll happen I don’t know.

Technically SWL is replacing Lights, Motors Action (a huge attraction) and the Backlot Theatre, which was an attraction until the company decided to save money and mothball it.

Fantasyland also lost an attraction in SWSA. It gained two attractions, which is a net gain of one. Depending on your point of view this was a gain or a standstill if like you said you bring 20K into the equation.
Would you consider the empty pond or the kids plastic playground an attraction worth keeping? I wouldn't! If you are going to go back in history why don't you just say that 20K replaced a natural attraction called a Florida swamp. There is a statute of limitations on how far back in history one can go. The deserted pond and the playground replaced 20K that created a net loss. NFL replaced water and toys for kids. If we are going to get all upset about things we need to stay much more current and sight actual relevant things.

LMA is being replaced by something that has a much larger drawing power and, on top of that, is also (SWL is huge). Backlot was indeed mostly mothballed, but, if it hadn't been we wouldn't have the buildings that TSM currently cover. Wouldn't that be a gain? The rest of the remaining tour was more something to do then a real attraction. Everywhere one looks at this change it is a gain. Replacing dead attractions with new exciting ones. I fail to see any reason to be upset about that.

Movielover

Would you consider the empty pond or the kids plastic playground an attraction worth keeping? I wouldn't! If you are going to go back in history why don't you just say that 20K replaced a natural attraction called a Florida swamp. There is a statute of limitations on how far back in history one can go. The deserted pond and the playground replaced 20K that created a net loss. NFL replaced water and toys for kids. If we are going to get all upset about things we need to stay much more current and sight actual relevant things.

LMA is being replaced by something that has a much larger drawing power and, on top of that, is also (SWL is huge). Backlot was indeed mostly mothballed, but, if it hadn't been we wouldn't have the buildings that TSM currently cover. Wouldn't that be a gain? The rest of the remaining tour was more something to do then a real attraction. Everywhere one looks at this change it is a gain. Replacing dead attractions with new exciting ones. I fail to see any reason to be upset about that.

I would love to be able to go back in time and experience the park in it's first couple of years when it was still an actual studio. (Big film nerd) And while It was sad to loose all that made the studio a studio you can't help but admit that the park's concept was dead by the 2000's. So I am eagerly waiting SW:GE!

HauntedMansionFLA

No it is replacing an attraction (singular) with attractions (plural). And on top of that it is replacing attractions that had no place in a park that was no longer a working studio or were DOA and had been for a while. In MK they replaced a fungus pond and a blah play area that was serving no purpose. In DAK, Pandora replaced a freaking meet and greet. Nothing was really lost in those changes. The only one that has been really just changed is the loss of GMR, but, even that had lost a lot of it's charm, but, I will give you that even though I think what is replacing it is going to be quite good. It's far and away better then in the past when they were closing down attractions and not replacing them with anything. (i.e. WoL, Sounds Dangerous, and even to some extent Horizons and others) Horizons was an attraction that so many lamented as being taken out because it was so great, however, it was almost always nearly empty most of the time. We didn't even go to it often and then wondered why they would have the nerve to remove it.
Still replacing:p;):D:happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom