Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Goofyernmost

How did Pandora stunt the growth of MK the year before in 2016 when it wasn't completed yet?
Just a thought here, but, like so much of the discussion has been lately as we wait for the opening of Star Wars Land, where so many are saying that they are going to put off their trip until the area is open. So I could see that it would drag down the numbers for the other parks as people waited to go. That is the only way that it would affect them though.

BrianLo

I don't understand how a company that has made a mint on the backs of theme parks is full of people that don't know how to run a theme park.

Martin, myself and countless others called attention to this problem before the official announcement. It's no different than the Frozen Ever After problems or the Next Gen problems. Common sense fans see these issues immediately, why can't they? It is inexcusable.

Probably a conversation for a different thread... but Frozen Ever After's capacity weirdly isn't actually that much of a problem anymore.

I mean it's not ever going to be great, but it's actually quickly shifted from big problem, to problem, to 'meh'.

BrianLo

Frozen 2 and SW:GE will bring back the masses. Rat will help.

I guess what I’m getting at is that FEA was widely cited as one of the worst capacity decisions they ever made. I bought into that myself.

It’s actually proving to be very mid road. Again, it's not remotely ideal, but it wasn't what we predicted. I don't think anyone expected an Avatar attraction to routinely post >3x the wait times of a smaller capacity Frozen attraction.

doctornick

Not any more.

I’d also be surprised if certain things weren’t fast tracked soon after SWL opens. But they still have to learn to add, not replace.

Are you saying that the potential "fast tracked" plans are all replacements? Any hopes for something that is actually new and increasing capacity and guest areas?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Are you saying that the potential "fast tracked" plans are all replacements? Any hopes for something that is actually new and increasing capacity and guest areas?
Theres the odd new build proposal.
Why 'expand' when there are plenty of spots that are under-utilized?
Because this park needs actual expansion the most.

drod1985

The Falcon has landed in California. I wonder how far behind DHS’ is.

EF4EB859-7538-4C92-A98C-EF1811A4ADFA.jpeg

SpoiledBlueMilk

I was at Disneyland on Saturday and I simply cannot see how in the world they expect to absorb the crowds in that park. Say what you will about our capacity, but DL is screwed. I admit it was my first time there, but my God, the logjam of humanity that occurred at Pirates and the Haunted Mansion was incredible during the day. Then I made the mistake of trying to get through it during Fantasmic. It was a sea of people. If they can't handle traffic now, then there is no chance they will be able to handle it when SW:GE is open. At least we have the land in a separate park.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom