Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

drod1985

Speaking of queues/lines... How blatant will Standby/FastPass entrance signs be? Are they going for such a high level of immersion that they're going to try and give them an in-story rationalization?

This has always looked like it could be the entrance to a queue to me.

0723_fea_ocr-l-dlniles-05.jpg

drod1985

I'd hope they're a bit better ingratiated into the land than Pandora's. FoP's is pretty blatant. I think the biggest touch to de-Disney-fy the FoP queues are the ACE logos on the magic band readers.

rreading

Assuming you get into the land that day. Or the park.

A question, not necessarily to Martin, but in general:

So if one were able to score a FP for one of the SW attractions on opening day, do you think that it would allow you to bypass the usual line into HS to gain entry into to park/land?

We happened to be at WDW on opening day for Pandora and had a FP for the river ride, and thus were able to bypass the queue required to enter Pandora but we were already in AK. It was a zoo (so to speak) at rope drop, but the FP allowed us a glimpse in a very crowded day. I wonder what will happen at DHS opening day, in which it will probably difficult to gain entry into the park.

nickys

Premium Member
A question, not necessarily to Martin, but in general:

So if one were able to score a FP for one of the SW attractions on opening day, do you think that it would allow you to bypass the usual line into HS to gain entry into to park/land?

We happened to be at WDW on opening day for Pandora and had a FP for the river ride, and thus were able to bypass the queue required to enter Pandora but we were already in AK. It was a zoo (so to speak) at rope drop, but the FP allowed us a glimpse in a very crowded day. I wonder what will happen at DHS opening day, in which it will probably difficult to gain entry into the park.

It was the same for TSL.

My guess is that for the first week month, it might be all but impossible to get into SW:GE without a fastpass.

They might do a return entry time for the lucky few, much like WWOHP did when it first opened.

rsm

Could actually be cool if signage was in Aurabesh. There could be a feature on the MDE app/ Google Translate to do an augmented reality translation.

drod1985

Yeah, I don't think we need to go as far as Aurebesh signage, but structures that look more like the one in the model I posted would be preferred rather than fairly normal structures like FOP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom